Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralfjacob
Visitor

Re: HLS playback returns Uninitialized port

well, i think got some issues cleared up, apparently the package size was too large, removing/flattening the pngs worked and i finally got the m3u8 to play!!!

... trouble now is, it's lousy quality coming from the box and apparently only uses the lower profile sets, am on FIOS with 35mbps so this should be flying. I know for fact this stream goes all the way up to 2.5mbps but the box does not adapt at all, any insights greatly appreciated.

Would it make sense to remove HD/SD reference ?
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: HLS playback returns Uninitialized port

"ralfjacob" wrote:
well, i think got some issues cleared up, apparently the package size was too large, removing/flattening the pngs worked and i finally got the m3u8 to play!!!

... trouble now is, it's lousy quality coming from the box and apparently only uses the lower profile sets, am on FIOS with 35mbps so this should be flying. I know for fact this stream goes all the way up to 2.5mbps but the box does not adapt at all, any insights greatly appreciated.

Would it make sense to remove HD/SD reference ?

How long are you watching for? The Roku will start with a lower quality stream, so playback can start faster, then switch to higher quality a minute or so later.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos