Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CEWaffles
Visitor

HLS Stream Issues (Stop after X Amount of Time)

Hello All, 
I'm creating a channel for a stream that I can get via VLC, but want the stream on my Roku (No Other Option). I've gone through an have understood a little more information based on how the m3u8 file is and how it is played. I've also gone through and have played the m3u8 file through the Stream Tester. (Note: I did not create the m3u8 I am using, it is an outside source)

The link plays through VLC, however, I have to set VLC to Loop (Loop Current), otherwise it stops as well. When playing on the roku the m3u8 file plays for roughly 1 minute, then fails. I can rewind anywhere  from 3 to X secs, and play again, and it will play for another minute and fail... and so on. I can go out of the app and back in and it will play again for the minute and fail... etc. I played the m3u8 file in the Stream tester and it played, but failed after 1 minute. The first image is the test results, the second is when it failed.

Stream Tester Results: Image
Stream Tester Failed after 1 minute. Image

I started reading through m3u/m3u8 files and their settings. Here's how the file is setup.
#EXTM3U
#EXT-X-VERSION:3
#EXT-X-MEDIA-SEQUENCE:511
#EXT-X-ALLOW-CACHE:YES
#EXT-X-TARGETDURATION:11
#EXTINF:10.010000,
<TS link>
[size=85][font=monospace]<TS link>[/font][/size]
#EXTINF:8.875533,
#EXTINF:10.844167,
#EXTINF:9.376033,
<TS link>
#EXTINF:10.076733,
<TS link>

My understanding is that the m3u8 file plays for 11 seconds, the ts links plays for about a total of 57 seconds. (I Know i need to learn a lot of these, but My understanding limited at the moment, please bare with me). 

I am wondering if there is an option to allow for Roku to loop the feed, or how can I tell the Player to continue to play. Please note, that, I have other m3u8 files I have been able to play, and do not have any issues, however, I do with others.

I am using the Roku Scene Graph channel for the grid and Video player and developing through Eclipse with Brightscript plugin. Here's the setContent Sub with the ContentNode info.

sub setContent()
  ContentNode = CreateObject("roSGNode", "ContentNode")
  ContentNode.StreamFormat = "HLS"
  ContentNode.Live = "TRUE"
  ContentNode.MinBandwidth = "2600"
  ContentNode.StreamBitrates = "128"
  ContentNode.StreamQualities = "SD"
  ContentNode.url = "http://[URL-REMOVED].m3u8"

'.... Move stuff is here, but the above is the ContentNode info
end sub

Thoughts and pointers?
~SCEW
0 Kudos