Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
family_apps
Visitor

HELP!! Static Analysis Results

Hi, I do not know how to solve this, I hope someone can help me, please!
I have my channel published in its version 1.0, and now I wanted to upload the new version 1.1, but when I load the package, it says: "devid of submitted package does not match devid of previously submitted package". It is understood that the problem is that my current devID does not match the one of the first version of the channel. 

1. The bad thing is that I do not have the devID of version 1.0. Is there any way to recover that devID or generate a new one that is valid?
2. How can i fix this? Thank you!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
BVatBBOD
Visitor

Re: HELP!! Static Analysis Results

If you have lost the devID and password, you would need to contact Roku Co to see what your options are.  They may let you replace your channel with a new DevID if there is no registry data that persists, but they make it very clear in their docs to store the devID and password in a safe place because it can not be retrieved.  Contact Roku.
Join the Roku Developers Slack Workspace for quicker help and great dev collaboration: http://tiny.cc/nrdf0y
0 Kudos
family_apps
Visitor

"BVatBBOD" wrote:
If you have lost the devID and password, you would need to contact Roku Co to see what your options are.  They may let you replace your channel with a new DevID if there is no registry data that persists, but they make it very clear in their docs to store the devID and password in a safe place because it can not be retrieved.  Contact Roku.

They do not respond to emails. Do you know any email that responds?
Thanks for answering. 
0 Kudos
BVatBBOD
Visitor

partnersuccess@roku.com is the email I always use and get decent response times (24-48 hour responses)
Join the Roku Developers Slack Workspace for quicker help and great dev collaboration: http://tiny.cc/nrdf0y
0 Kudos
jmatt0806
Channel Surfer

"BVatBBOD" wrote:

What happens if you have the original devID that was used to publish the package and need to make an update but are using a new Roku stick with a different devID? 
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You need the pkg file and the password that was used to create it. To be honest, I don't think the actual devID is useful and the hardware doesn't matter. If you have the password and pkg, use the Rekey utility from the web interface on the Roku device.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos