Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ignacio
Visitor

HBO Go item titles

Hey guys, I noticed that by using "four-column-flat-landscape" as the grid style it is possible to achieve a view hbogo-like. I was wondering if it's also possible to have the titles under the items instead of the description box.
Is this possible?
Thanks!
Ignacio
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: HBO Go item titles

You need to use "two-row-flat-landscape-custom" to have titles under the items. In that case, just set the ShortDescriptionLine1 and ShortDescriptionLine2 metadata attributes. If you leave off ShortDescriptionLine2, then ShortDescriptionLine1 will wrap, if necessary.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
ignacio
Visitor

Thanks! this is exactly what I needed
-Ignacio
0 Kudos
ignacio
Visitor

One more question TheEndless, I can't seem to find the setting for the title color under the images in this type of gridScreen.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"ignacio" wrote:
One more question TheEndless, I can't seem to find the setting for the title color under the images in this type of gridScreen.

You're on your own there, I'm afraid. I don't know of any way to change those colors, either.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
ignacio
Visitor

Ok, Thanks for the quick response!
0 Kudos
gcw07
Visitor

So you are also doing this style, do either of you know if there is a way to turn off the popup description box? The SetDescriptionVisible() doesn't seem to be doing anything. Thanks.

Edit: Just figured it out, but for those that are also trying. I had to call the function AFTER the show

screen.Show()
screen.SetDescriptionVisible(false)
0 Kudos
rjbrown
Visitor

I'm also looking for a way to set the title color in the two-row-flat-landscape-custom grid style. Is it possible that it is just hard-coded to be near-white? Anyone have any idea on that?
0 Kudos
RokuRobB
Streaming Star

There is no app manager property to set the color of the description 1 and 2 text lines in a grid screen.
0 Kudos