Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sylistron
Visitor

HBO GO GridScreen

From what I can tell about using GridScreen, HBO Go re-wrote the GridScreen using roImageCanvas. Is that assumption correct or is there some hidden way to move the selection box to the upper left hand list item?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: HBO GO GridScreen

They definitely didn't use the roImageCanvas, as there's no way to get smooth scrolling with it. If they did write something custom, they'd have used the new roScreen component. It's much more likely, however, that there's a new screen type that's not been documented, yet. The new Amazon channel has a couple new screen layouts, too.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

New features for the grid screen and new screen types (the list screen). Documentation forthcoming.
0 Kudos
sylistron
Visitor

Sooooo...

Can you send me something, anything? I'd love to have the ability to have the selection box in the same place as Amazon/HBO Go.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.