Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sephywoot
Visitor

GridScreen problem

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the GridScreen:
I have a GridScreen to show my movies, then I can click on a movie to show it's SpringBoard details screen.
In the SpringBoard, I can click to watch the movie but when the movie plays, the video is all screwed up showing parts of the GridScreen in the background.
I solved the video problem by destroying the GridScreen with the function Close() before I go into the SpringBoard.
Now the problem is that when I press Up on the remote from SpringBoard, it'll go back to my channel's main screen instead of GridScreen because the GridScreen isn't my main screen.
I want it to go back to GridScreen but I think it won't since I destroyed it with Close().

Is there a way to hide the GridScreen instead or to reload it when go back from SpringBoard?

I greatly appreciate your help, thanks.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: GridScreen problem

Because roGridScreen uses the video plane, you will see this type of behavior if you try to play a video with a grid screen open. You will need to close your grid screen before opening your video screen, then reopen/recreate it after playing your video. See this thread for more discussion about how best to use the grid screen: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=33854
0 Kudos