Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marknauroth
Visitor

GridScreen Theming Since Firmware 3.0

I have a Roku channel with a roGridScreen that uses the two-row-flat-landscape-custom grid style introduced in Firmware 3.0. This style displays ShortDescriptionLine1 and ShortDescriptionLine2 below the poster image, in addition to the description bubble common to other grid screen styles.

I'm trying to theme this screen with a light background and cannot find a way to change the color of the ShortDescription text. GridScreenListName seemed like the most likely option, but it doesn't do what I'm looking for. All other styles in the roAppManager object are applying properly across the channel.

Is it possible to change the color of the ShortDescription text and if so, where is it documented? I've been unable to find any reference in the roAppManager documentation.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: GridScreen Theming Since Firmware 3.0

I don't think you can theme that text. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=56493&p=388200#p388200
0 Kudos
marknauroth
Visitor

Re: GridScreen Theming Since Firmware 3.0

Thanks. Somehow I missed that thread. Is there a chance this attribute will be added in a future firmware update? Is there a place where I can formally request that change?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.