Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cefren
Reel Rookie

Get currently played video's Timestamp in a plugin [BrightScript]

Jump to solution

Is it possible, to somehow get the current time of the played video when a specific UDP message arrives? If the plugin creates the roVideoPlayer object and starts the video then I can access this information with the "GetPlaybackPosition()" function, but what I really need is to make the project with BrightAuthor and include a plugin and the plugin handles the time stamp, everything else (mainly the playlogic) is made with BrightAuthor.

I tried to modify the generated autorun file, but I can't access this property, I just can't find the right object in the code which I can call the GetPlaybackPosition and does not result in an error.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Get currently played video's Timestamp in a plugin [BrightScript]

Jump to solution

BrightSign was split off from Roku some time ago.  I don't know if you'll get any help there, but they're at https://www.brightsign.biz/

While Roku devices do use BrightScript, it's always had different features, so I don't think anyone here will be able to help unless they develop for both platforms.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim

Jump to solution

Is this on a BrightSign device?

0 Kudos
cefren
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@renojim wrote:

Is this on a BrightSign device?

Hello, yes, it is a BrightSign XT1144 player. The main concept I want to achieve is to create the playlogic and player syncronisation with BrightAuthor and the included plugin just listen for UDP messages and when one arrives with the right keywords it will reply with the current playback position of the video (or - 1 if there's no playback at the moment)

I just not able to extract the playback positions from the Autorun file as I can't reference the right roVideoPlayer object. I tried to included the plugin functions into the autorun but I can't reference the videoplayer object from there also, I get errors with every try I made before. 

I tracked in the code which object starts the video, it's m.stateMachine.videoPlayer but when I try to reference it in the function which handles incoming events I can't, it throws me errors like this object does not exist.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

BrightSign was split off from Roku some time ago.  I don't know if you'll get any help there, but they're at https://www.brightsign.biz/

While Roku devices do use BrightScript, it's always had different features, so I don't think anyone here will be able to help unless they develop for both platforms.

0 Kudos