Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccgv
Visitor

GEtting Started

I'm getting started creating a private channel for testing. I'm following instructions at this link http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To- ... /?ALLSTEPS, but I believe it's missing something. When I go to my development page of my roku device to load the ZIP. I get this error: Install Failure: Invalid plugin. No valid entry points

I have eclipes loaded to my machine when I was experimenting with creating an android app and gave up. Please help me get this started. If i'm over my head, at least give me a good starting point with tools so I can check it out.

thanks.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: GEtting Started

Download the Roku SDK and try to get an unmodified example application loaded onto your roku. Once you are able to do that, modify the example application one step at a time and load it onto your roku. If something goes wrong, connect to the debug console with telnet and find where the problem happens. Spend some time to read the developer documents that come with the SDK.
aspiring
0 Kudos