Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jptsetme
Visitor

Re: Eclipse plugin for Brightscript

What's the status of this work? I see from previous comments that the Advanced version of this feature had a Beta period that expired on Dec 1st, but I haven't seen an announcement about GA, pricing, or whether any of the upcoming features have been completed.

The price range listed seems very broad, but I'll add my feedback that I'd be willing to pay near the bottom of that range (say, up to $30-$35), but not near the top ($99.) I'd also appreciate a short trial period before having to pay, but I could live without it if you provided some screenshots and description of what features are complete and what features are committed. Personally, I'm interested in tinkering on the Roku, but doubt I'll have the time to build anything substantial / revenue generating (thus my reluctance to invest too much in tooling for it.)

Beyond, that, I have a lot of experience developing and debugging eclipse plug-ins, and although I do almost all of my development work on a Windows (7, 64-bit) box, I do have easy access to a Mac. So if you'd like help debugging the issue people have had on the Mac, please let me know and I can take a look (assuming the update site is still functional and the trial period for the Beta won't prevent me from getting it working on a Mac.)

Thanks for your efforts on this.
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"jptsetme" wrote:
What's the status of this work? I see from previous comments that the Advanced version of this feature had a Beta period that expired on Dec 1st, but I haven't seen an announcement about GA, pricing, or whether any of the upcoming features have been completed.

The price range listed seems very broad, but I'll add my feedback that I'd be willing to pay near the bottom of that range (say, up to $30-$35), but not near the top ($99.) I'd also appreciate a short trial period before having to pay, but I could live without it if you provided some screenshots and description of what features are complete and what features are committed. Personally, I'm interested in tinkering on the Roku, but doubt I'll have the time to build anything substantial / revenue generating (thus my reluctance to invest too much in tooling for it.)

Beyond, that, I have a lot of experience developing and debugging eclipse plug-ins, and although I do almost all of my development work on a Windows (7, 64-bit) box, I do have easy access to a Mac. So if you'd like help debugging the issue people have had on the Mac, please let me know and I can take a look (assuming the update site is still functional and the trial period for the Beta won't prevent me from getting it working on a Mac.)

Thanks for your efforts on this.

Thanks for your interest and the info.

Yes - the plugin is still in beta/development.
I'm planning on releasing a new beta within the next week or two - although it will be limited to improvements/bugfixes in the parser for this go-around.

There will be a minimum of 2 more beta releases for 1.0.
Every release is and will continue to be accompanied by a list of new features and bugfixes (on this thread for now).
At some point in Q1, I'm planning on constructing a set a web pages to include those release notes, feature descriptions, etc. along with screenshots.

Re: trial period and cost.
Yes, it will almost certainly include a trial period.
Can't be more specific on cost yet - I haven't spent any more time on figuring that out. But, feedback noted.

Re: help debugging on the mac
I'm likely to purchase a mac in the next month or two, so I'll probably have that base covered before final release...
However, I'd very much welcome any detailed info you could provide about issues on that platform in the meantime - or any time in the future for that matter.

Cheers
0 Kudos
jptsetme
Visitor

"malloys" wrote:
Some cool info

Thanks for the update!

FYI, I just tried installing the Advanced feature on my Mac (into the Java EPP package for Helios SR1), and it works fine. I noticed that the two people reporting problems were running older versions of OSX (Tiger and Leopard respectively.) I suspect that the issue is the JVM version in use. If either your plug-ins or the dltk plug-ins you are depending on have a Java 6 dependency, that would explain why it works fine for me (I'm running Snow Leopard which ships with Java 6.) Tiger and 32-bit Leopard shipped with Java 5.

If yours is the only plug-in depending on Java 6, and if you're not using any Java 6 features, you could fix this by changing your manifests and compiler settings to allow Java 5. (I guess you could easily test the theory and fix as well, by trying it with a Java 5 VM on Windows.) Otherwise, there's a Java 6 port available for older Mac OS's called soylatte which they may be able to try. (I've never used it.)

Thanks!
0 Kudos
saulpower
Visitor

I am using a Mac (OS 10.6.5) and Eclipse Helios SR1 and I've installed the "Advanced Brightstar Support" plugin only. When I try to run the wizard from the "New Project" menu I get the following error:

The selected wizard could not be started.
Plug-in com.domhain.brightscript.plugin was unable to load class com.domhain.brightscript.plugin.wizards.newproject.BrightScriptProjectWizard.
An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.domhain.brightscript.plugin (306).

My java version is 1.6.0_22 if that is pertinent. I'm unsure of what could be causing the error, any help would be great.
0 Kudos
saulpower
Visitor

Here is the stack trace:

eclipse.buildId=M20100909-0800
java.version=1.6.0_22
java.vendor=Apple Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product -keyring /Users/saulpower1/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product -keyring /Users/saulpower1/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Error
Fri Jan 07 15:04:09 MST 2011
An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.domhain.brightscript.plugin (306).

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in com.domhain.brightscript.plugin.BrightScriptPlugin.start() of bundle com.domhain.brightscript.plugin.
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:806)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:755)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:370)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:284)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:417)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:265)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:106)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:453)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:393)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:469)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:338)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:232)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1197)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:904)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin$1.run(WorkbenchPlugin.java:267)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:263)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchWizardElement.createExecutableExtension(WorkbenchWizardElement.java:120)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchWizardElement.createWizard(WorkbenchWizardElement.java:264)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.NewWizardNewPage$5.createWizard(NewWizardNewPage.java:728)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchWizardNode$2.run(WorkbenchWizardNode.java:151)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchWizardNode$1.run(WorkbenchWizardNode.java:135)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchWizardNode.getWizard(WorkbenchWizardNode.java:132)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardSelectionPage.getNextPage(WizardSelectionPage.java:104)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchWizardSelectionPage.getNextPage(WorkbenchWizardSelectionPage.java:100)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(WizardDialog.java:887)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:426)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:234)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:3776)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1367)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1390)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1375)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1187)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3622)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3277)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler$New.executeHandler(WizardHandler.java:254)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler.execute(WizardHandler.java:274)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:293)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:476)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:241)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.CommandAction.runWithEvent(CommandAction.java:157)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:115)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: The BrightScript plugin's beta period has expired.
at com.domhain.brightscript.plugin.BrightScriptPlugin.start(BrightScriptPlugin.java:48)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:783)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:774)
... 87 more
Root exception:
java.lang.Exception: The BrightScript plugin's beta period has expired.
at com.domhain.brightscript.plugin.BrightScriptPlugin.start(BrightScriptPlugin.java:48)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:783)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:774)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:755)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:370)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:284)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:417)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:265)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:106)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:453)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:393)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:469)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:338)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:232)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1197)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:904)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin$1.run(WorkbenchPlugin.java:267)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:263)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchWizardElement.createExecutableExtension(WorkbenchWizardElement.java:120)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchWizardElement.createWizard(WorkbenchWizardElement.java:264)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.NewWizardNewPage$5.createWizard(NewWizardNewPage.java:728)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchWizardNode$2.run(WorkbenchWizardNode.java:151)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchWizardNode$1.run(WorkbenchWizardNode.java:135)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchWizardNode.getWizard(WorkbenchWizardNode.java:132)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardSelectionPage.getNextPage(WizardSelectionPage.java:104)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchWizardSelectionPage.getNextPage(WorkbenchWizardSelectionPage.java:100)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(WizardDialog.java:887)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:426)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:234)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler$New.executeHandler(WizardHandler.java:254)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler.execute(WizardHandler.java:274)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:293)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:476)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:241)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.CommandAction.runWithEvent(CommandAction.java:157)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:115)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
0 Kudos
saulpower
Visitor

Also when I try to quit Eclipse I get this error:

eclipse.buildId=M20100909-0800
java.version=1.6.0_22
java.vendor=Apple Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product -keyring /Users/saulpower1/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product -keyring /Users/saulpower1/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Error
Fri Jan 07 15:05:40 MST 2011
Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.ui.workbench".

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.dltk.core.DLTKContentTypeManager.isValidResourceForContentType(DLTKContentTypeManager.java:233)
at org.eclipse.dltk.core.DLTKLanguageManager.findAppropriateToolkitByObject(DLTKLanguageManager.java:67)
at org.eclipse.dltk.core.DLTKLanguageManager.findToolkit(DLTKLanguageManager.java:118)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.util.Util.isValidSourceModule(Util.java:705)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.ModelManager.create(ModelManager.java:634)
at org.eclipse.dltk.core.DLTKCore.create(DLTKCore.java:541)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.ui.FileEditorInputAdapterFactory.getAdapter(FileEditorInputAdapterFactory.java:27)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.adapter.AdapterFactoryProxy.getAdapter(AdapterFactoryProxy.java:80)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.AdapterManager.getAdapter(AdapterManager.java:295)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.PlatformObject.getAdapter(PlatformObject.java:66)
at org.eclipse.ui.part.FileEditorInput.getAdapter(FileEditorInput.java:263)
at org.eclipse.dltk.ui.DLTKUIPlugin.getEditorInputModelElement(DLTKUIPlugin.java:412)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.ui.editor.EditorUtility.getEditorInputModelElement(EditorUtility.java:114)
at org.eclipse.dltk.ui.DLTKUIPlugin$ShutdownCloseRemoteEditorsListener.closeEditor(DLTKUIPlugin.java:224)
at org.eclipse.dltk.ui.DLTKUIPlugin$ShutdownCloseRemoteEditorsListener.preShutdown(DLTKUIPlugin.java:214)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$10.run(Workbench.java:904)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:49)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.firePreShutdown(Workbench.java:902)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.busyClose(Workbench.java:1042)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$15(Workbench.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$25.run(Workbench.java:1276)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.close(Workbench.java:1274)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.close(Workbench.java:1246)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$61.handleEvent(Workbench.java:2508)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:3769)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.applicationProc(Display.java:4717)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.cocoa.OS.objc_msgSendSuper(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.applicationSendEvent(Display.java:4582)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.applicationProc(Display.java:4659)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.cocoa.OS.objc_msgSend(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.cocoa.NSApplication.sendEvent(NSApplication.java:115)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3274)
0 Kudos
ryanxwalton
Visitor

I'm using xbuntu, and it keeps saying that I'm missing this and that, so I can't use your plugin. So much for me delving into Roku channel development. I'll have to find another hobby to take up my time.
If it doesn't work, keep beating it with the hammer till it does.
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Uh, you only need a text editor, if you are really interested.
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
ryanxwalton
Visitor

"jbrave" wrote:
Uh, you only need a text editor, if you are really interested.

Ahhh Forget it! Your plugin seems dumb anyways!
If it doesn't work, keep beating it with the hammer till it does.
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"saulpower" wrote:
Here is the stack trace:

Root exception:
java.lang.Exception: The BrightScript plugin's beta period has expired.

Hey folks - sorry for the delay in response, but I've been in the middle of a move and pretty much offline the entire week.
It's a bit hidden in the middle of the stack trace, but as you see from the stacktrace snippet above, the currently posted version of the plugin has reached the end of the beta period.

I was planning on posting a new version a few weeks ago, but my current paying consulting gigs (combined with the move) were more time-consuming than expected.
I'll try to get the new beta version posted sometime within the next few days.

Cheers
0 Kudos