Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Komag
Roku Guru

Re: Eclipse as a development tool?

"belltown" wrote:
... the weight of the task on my brain.

love it Smiley LOL
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

I am trying something that's 5x smaller than Atom but is still a "proper" IDE and rather easy using.
We'll see if it pans out - i won't promote it unless i can coax console/debugger into it.
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

"belltown" wrote:
"EnTerr" wrote:
I have tried Atom and at 250MB+ it's far from "light". What does it say if developing with Atom is "way lighter" than Eclipsing?!

When I had a small disk and a small ram, I thought of "heavy" in terms of the weight of my tools on my desk. Now that I have a large disk and a large ram, I think of "heavy" in terms of the weight of the task on my brain. Currently, Eclipse weighs about 7,000 exaneurons, compared to Atom's 15 exaneurons.

Yeah, I never put that way, but the "perception" in this case is more important than the "hard numbers" 🙂
0 Kudos
TwitchBronBron
Streaming Star

As of April 2022, Roku has discontinued support for the Eclipse IDE plugin. See this official blog post for the announcement . Instead, I highly recommend checking out the BrightScript Language extension for Visual Studio Code. 

0 Kudos