Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malloys
Visitor

Re: Eclipse Plugin for Brightscript

"MidnightJava" wrote:
I'm still having a problem I reported when te initial plugin was released. Calling Stop() or Next() on an object is flagged as an error. And the false error throws off the parser, causing additional false errors further down the code. I think it's flagging Stop and Next as illegal use of reserved words, but certain components have functions with those names (e.g. roAudioPlayer#Stop) and I'm just invoking them, which executes without a problem.

That bug has been fixed - I've just verified it using a from-scratch install and using the audioapp template to create an example project (the audioPlayer_newstate Sub in AudioPlayer.brs has an example of this syntax).

Are you sure you've updated the plugin to the latest version ( 1.0.0.201204050838 )?
Verify it via: Help->About->Installation Details->Installed Software

If so, close and re-open the editor window for the source file in question and/or add something new to the file - it's possible Eclipse is still holding on to errors/warnings/problems from the last editor run (which was using the previous plugin).

Cheers
0 Kudos
MidnightJava
Visitor

Closing, re-opening, editing, and saving did the trick. Eclipse holds onto things like no software I've ever seen. Thanks, it's nice to have no error markers in my Brightscript code once again.
0 Kudos
MultiQs
Visitor

I'm new to Eclipse so I'm probably missing something, but it would be nice if the Export wizard remembered your last settings. Every time I export I have to manually select my fonts folder to make sure it's included. Is there some place in Eclipse where you define what's included in the build?

BTW, excellent work - don't know why I waited so long to try it...
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"MultiQs" wrote:
I'm new to Eclipse so I'm probably missing something, but it would be nice if the Export wizard remembered your last settings. Every time I export I have to manually select my fonts folder to make sure it's included. Is there some place in Eclipse where you define what's included in the build?

The "remember my selections from the last export" capability is already in the queue. It will likely be included in the next release of the plugin.
BTW, the eclipse plugin releases should be coming quite a bit more frequently than in the past, starting next month.

"MultiQs" wrote:

BTW, excellent work - don't know why I waited so long to try it...

Thanks. Feel free to post suggestions for improvements and new features on this thread, and I'll be sure to add them to Roku's internal issue tracking system.

Cheers
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

The Manifest editor is writing the boolean options in an unsupported format after the latest updates.

The boolean options should be:

requires_audiometadata=1
requires_mkv=1

And not anymore:

requires_audiometadata=true
requires_mkv=true
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"marcelo.cabral" wrote:
The Manifest editor is writing the boolean options in an unsupported format after the latest updates.

requires_audiometadata=1
requires_mkv=1

And not anymore:

requires_mkv=true

OK, filed the bug on it. It should be fixed by the next release.

Cheers
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"malloys" wrote:
"marcelo.cabral" wrote:

requires_audiometadata=1
requires_mkv=1

And not anymore:

requires_mkv=true

OK, filed the bug on it. It should be fixed by the next release.

Cheers

Along those same lines, could you please make it so saving the manifest from the "Overview" tab doesn't overwrite any additional settings added via the "Text" tab? For example, if you go to the Text tab and add the splash screen attributes, then switch to the Overview tab and update the build number, the splash screen attributes will be deleted.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"TheEndless" wrote:

Along those same lines, could you please make it so saving the manifest from the "Overview" tab doesn't overwrite any additional settings added via the "Text" tab? For example, if you go to the Text tab and add the splash screen attributes, then switch to the Overview tab and update the build number, the splash screen attributes will be deleted.

Sure thing... Just added it to the bug queue. It should be able to make it into the next release.

Cheers
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"malloys" wrote:
"TheEndless" wrote:

Sure thing... Just added it to the bug queue. It should be able to make it into the next release.

Cheers

FYI, the fix for this (and the issue with the binary entries needing to be 1/0 rather than true/false) has been fixed and checked-in, and will be in the next plugin release.
Note however that due to the underlying implementation, the user-ordering of the manifest entries will not be preserved.
The plugin (re)sorts the entries with "known" keys first, "unknown" keys second, upon transition to the text editor tab.
The unknown keys will be in alphanumeric order.
The known keys will be in this specific order (the current list):

title,
subtitle,
major_version,
minor_version,
build_version,
mm_icon_focus_hd,
mm_icon_side_hd,
mm_icon_focus_sd,
mm_icon_side_sd,
screensaver_title,
screensaver_private,