Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SCTR
Visitor

Re: Eclipse Plugin for Brightscript

Just for the sake of completeness as per my request here (and your request to post Eclipse plugin features in THIS thread here):
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=48841&p=333407#p333398

In Zend Studio Eclipse (and possibly others, I can't remember right now), when I click on a variable name, it highlights all the 'read' and 'write' instances of that name within that scope. So it shows a solid yellow box around the write instances and a dotted green box around the read instances. This makes it really easy to spot where a variable is used, and in untyped, undeclared languages like PHP and Brightscript where you can just create a variable on the fly, it REALLY helps to see stupid typos like the one above.
0 Kudos
SCTR
Visitor

"malloys" wrote:

"SCTR" wrote:

• 'TODO tasks don't show up in the "Task" or "Task List" tabs

That issue hasn't been previously reported. Adding it to the bug queue now.

When I do Window > Preferences > "todo" search > Brightscript > Editor > Todo Tasks

I get a window that pops up and says, "The currently displayed page contains invalid values." [OK] and by monkeying around I can usually get it to display the preference page/panel.

I click "Enabled searching for Task Tags" and rebuild, but nothing shows up in the Tasks tab. (Note, there are no tags in this panel by default, but I was thinking maybe it used the global ones [General > Editors > Structured Text Edit > Task Tags])

If I select "New..." and add the tags "'TODO" & "TODO" (one with the single quote and one without just in case), rebuild, same thing. Nothing shows up.

it's worth noting that after adding these New tags, I no longer get the alert dialog about invalid values.
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"SCTR" wrote:

When I do Window > Preferences > "todo" search > Brightscript > Editor > Todo Tasks

I get a window that pops up and says, "The currently displayed page contains invalid values." [OK] and by monkeying around I can usually get it to display the preference page/panel.

This much was already a known issue, was fixed quite a while ago (but after the last release), and is therefore in the upcoming release.

"SCTR" wrote:

I click "Enabled searching for Task Tags" and rebuild, but nothing shows up in the Tasks tab. (Note, there are no tags in this panel by default, but I was thinking maybe it used the global ones [General > Editors > Structured Text Edit > Task Tags])

If I select "New..." and add the tags "'TODO" & "TODO" (one with the single quote and one without just in case), rebuild, same thing. Nothing shows up.

Yep, this is what I assumed you were talking about. I should have caught that quite a while ago, but at a minimum I neglected to add it to the bug queue back when I was fixing the invalid values issue. Thanks for the clarification though.

Cheers
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

The new release of the Eclipse plugin is available from the usual download site ( http://rokudev.roku.com/updates ).
The release notes are included in the Eclipse Plugin Guide page of the v4.3 documentation available at: http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/RokuSDK ... ugin+Guide

Cheers
0 Kudos
SCTR
Visitor

Woo Hoo! Thanks!
0 Kudos
Jeroen
Visitor

Hi

I'm having some issues with the eclipse plugin. I've been asked to place any plugin related questions in here. So I hope I'm not messing up somebody's thread here. If so, please say...

I keep having issues with the plugin. I successfully used the IDE with BrightScript plugin last saturday. Today I wanted to resume my work but the IDE is not showing the telnet console. I've got the normal console showing up at the bottom. But there is no place to select the IP of the Roku. The images in the manual shows a console that has an IP dropdown and also has the text "Roku telnet <IP> (connected)". My console says "No consoles to connect with at this time".

I am able to export the project and successfully upload it to the Roku. So the connection to the Roku is alive. Last saturday the telnet console automatically connected to the Roku after an updated and showed me the needed debug information.

Can somebody give me some suggestion about what to try? I did reselect the perspective.

Setup:
Ubuntu 10.10
Eclipse 3.6
BrightScript plugin 1.0.0.201204050838

Thanks!
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"Jeroen" wrote:
Hi

I'm having some issues with the eclipse plugin. I've been asked to place any plugin related questions in here. So I hope I'm not messing up somebody's thread here. If so, please say...

I keep having issues with the plugin. I successfully used the IDE with BrightScript plugin last saturday. Today I wanted to resume my work but the IDE is not showing the telnet console. I've got the normal console showing up at the bottom. But there is no place to select the IP of the Roku. The images in the manual shows a console that has an IP dropdown and also has the text "Roku telnet <IP> (connected)". My console says "No consoles to connect with at this time".

I am able to export the project and successfully upload it to the Roku. So the connection to the Roku is alive. Last saturday the telnet console automatically connected to the Roku after an updated and showed me the needed debug information.

Can somebody give me some suggestion about what to try? I did reselect the perspective.

Setup:
Ubuntu 10.10
Eclipse 3.6
BrightScript plugin 1.0.0.201204050838

Thanks!

You need to tell Eclipse which type of console you want opened up (there are multiple types).
To do so:

In the Console view, click the the third image button from the left, and select the "Roku Debug Console" option.
That will activate the Roku Debug Console, which includes the drop-down for the Roku IP address. Select the desired Roku IP address from the list, and it should connect you to the box.

Cheers
0 Kudos
SCTR
Visitor

Re: ElseIf color coding broken

I have this block of code and the ElseIf doesn't color code blue. But if I put a space between "Else If" it works.

While True
msg = wait(0, port)
If msg.isScreenClosed() Then
return -1
ElseIf msg.isListItemSelected()
print "msg: ";msg.GetMessage();"idx: ";msg.GetIndex()
End If
End While

using latest update. dunno if this is regression or if it never worked. i forget.
0 Kudos
MidnightJava
Visitor

I'm still having a problem I reported when te initial plugin was released. Calling Stop() or Next() on an object is flagged as an error. And the false error throws off the parser, causing additional false errors further down the code. I think it's flagging Stop and Next as illegal use of reserved words, but certain components have functions with those names (e.g. roAudioPlayer#Stop) and I'm just invoking them, which executes without a problem.
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

Re: ElseIf color coding broken

"SCTR" wrote:
I have this block of code and the ElseIf doesn't color code blue. But if I put a space between "Else If" it works.

While True
msg = wait(0, port)
If msg.isScreenClosed() Then
return -1
ElseIf msg.isListItemSelected()
print "msg: ";msg.GetMessage();"idx: ";msg.GetIndex()
End If
End While

using latest update. dunno if this is regression or if it never worked. i forget.

No, it appears it never had "elseif" (all one word) as a reserved word in the color coding categories (note, its known to the language parser, not to syntax highlighter/code coloring - these are separate things).
I'll file a bug.

Cheers
0 Kudos