Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malloys
Visitor

Re: Eclipse plugin for Brightscript Beta

"MidnightJava" wrote:
...Here's another minor issue...

MidnightJava,

Thanks much - I'll add these last couple of items to the bug list.
That last stacktrace points to a specific path in the parser, and may explain why code folding isn't working at present.
Since the plugin isn't responsible for uninstalling itself, the ghost <BrightScript> persepective(s) is probably an Eclipse bug - I'll have to go poking around on the Eclipse lists to verify and see if there's anything I can do about it.
The console issue is still a mystery since I don't see the same in my main (win7) environment. However, I haven't tested in a while on OSX, so I'll have to re-test there and see if the O/S is a factor.

Cheers
0 Kudos
jkard
Visitor

Hey All,

I just hooked up the plugin on a Mac, and when I export, I keep getting "Script directory "/source" does not exist in zip archive." I have looked at what's in the zip that gets created, and it indeed has the "Source" folder, so not sure what the issue is. I have exported from a PC and it works just fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jay
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"jkard" wrote:
Hey All,

I just hooked up the plugin on a Mac, and when I export, I keep getting "Script directory "/source" does not exist in zip archive." I have looked at what's in the zip that gets created, and it indeed has the "Source" folder, so not sure what the issue is. I have exported from a PC and it works just fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jay

Two questions:

1) Is the source folder at the top of your project's directory structure?

2) Exactly where and when are you seeing that message?

Cheers
0 Kudos
jkard
Visitor

Hey Malloys,

1.Q) Is the source folder at the top of your project's directory structure?
2.Q) Exactly where and when are you seeing that message?

1.A) Not sure exactly what you mean by this as it is building the deploy in Eclipse, so wherever the Eclipse does it's build is where it's doing it. I didn't change anything.

So my project is called "Screening", under "Screening" in Eclipse, there is the Source, Images, Out folders. When I Export, I just follow the instructions in the PDF. I don't change anything.

Sorry, not sure if this is helpful, but let me know if you need further clarifications.

2.A)
I see that message in the Telnet output when Eclpse deploys to the Roku box. When I manually side-load from the ZIP that Eclipse makes, I get the same message.

Thanks
Jay
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"jkard" wrote:
Hey Malloys,

1.Q) Is the source folder at the top of your project's directory structure?
2.Q) Exactly where and when are you seeing that message?

1.A) Not sure exactly what you mean by this as it is building the deploy in Eclipse, so wherever the Eclipse does it's build is where it's doing it. I didn't change anything.

So my project is called "Screening", under "Screening" in Eclipse, there is the Source, Images, Out folders. When I Export, I just follow the instructions in the PDF. I don't change anything.

Sorry, not sure if this is helpful, but let me know if you need further clarifications.

2.A)
I see that message in the Telnet output when Eclpse deploys to the Roku box. When I manually side-load from the ZIP that Eclipse makes, I get the same message.

Thanks
Jay

The Roku box expects:

a) the source directory at the top-level of the project.
b) that that directory is called "source" and not "Source" (i.e. the check is case-sensitive).

Have you checked both of these?
0 Kudos
brocker
Visitor

Hey Malloys,

So, just to confirm,

a) Eclipse did the packaging, so wherever it defaults to build from is where it happened. Basically I created a brand new project and then let it try to deploy. In the ZIP file, it appears it was built from the top level.
b) Source is called "source" in the ZIP file.
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"brocker" wrote:
Hey Malloys,

So, just to confirm,

a) Eclipse did the packaging, so wherever it defaults to build from is where it happened. Basically I created a brand new project and then let it try to deploy. In the ZIP file, it appears it was built from the top level.
b) Source is called "source" in the ZIP file.

Thanks
Jay

OK, time to dig deeper.
Just sent you a PM with my email address - if you can send me the zip file, I'll take a look at it.
0 Kudos
rshendershot
Visitor

Can we get an update on status?

When is this expected to be finalized? Are there still features for the plugin being developed?

Thanks!
-Rick
0 Kudos
lhgrubbs
Channel Surfer

Down loaded the latest, getting property invalid messages when trying to examine settings. The code is nicely colored. Running eclipse 3.7 on a Mac. I would love to look into working with the eclipse plugin for Brightscript with you.
0 Kudos
MidnightJava
Visitor

The current plugin is not compatible with eclipse 3.7. From an earlier post by malloys in this thread:

The BrightScript plugin was developed and informally tested under Eclipse 3.6. It does not yet work under Eclipse 3.7.
So far, the most obvious problem is that Eclipse 3.6's update sites pointed to DLTK 2, while Eclipse 3.7's update sites point to DLTK 3. The DLTK 3 API is not 100% backward compatible with DLTK 2.

I'll be working toward testing and bugfixing for Eclipse 3.7 over the next few weeks, but in the meantime, if you want to use the BrightScript plugin and get support on this thread you'll have to use Eclipse 3.6 instead.

Alternatively (note - without support yet), you can try to use Eclipse 3.7 by:
a) Uninstall the BrightScript plugin
b) Explicitly install DLTK 2.0 (only the DLTK Core Framework is needed) from the DLTK update site: http://download.eclipse.org/technology/dltk/updates
c) Re-install the BrightScript plugin
This fixes the DLTK issues, but there may be other Eclipse 3.7 specific issue that I haven't yet encountered.
0 Kudos