Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
almiki
Channel Surfer

ECP "install" command returning HTTP 401 error now?

Jump to solution

I have an app focused on casting from a mobile device to Roku. On the mobile app, when the user chooses the Roku device, I query the installed apps, and if my app is installed I send the "launch" ECP command; if not installed, I send the "install" command, which used to bring up the store page to install the app.

I don't know when this changed, but "install" no longer works, tested on multiple devices. Now I'm just getting 401 Unauthorized responses. Is this expected behavior now? Can we not launch the install page anymore via ECP? Is there some setting on the Roku device? Or is there any other approach that can let the user avoid having to manually search and install the app?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
almiki
Channel Surfer

Re: ECP "install" command returning HTTP 401 error now?

Jump to solution

Alright I found my solution. Instead of doing:

/install/<myAppId>

I can do:

/launch/11?contentID=<myAppId>

Where 11 is the ID for the Roku Store app. This works exactly how I remember the /install method working.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
almiki
Channel Surfer

Re: ECP "install" command returning HTTP 401 error now?

Jump to solution

Alright I found my solution. Instead of doing:

/install/<myAppId>

I can do:

/launch/11?contentID=<myAppId>

Where 11 is the ID for the Roku Store app. This works exactly how I remember the /install method working.