Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rashmikapil2
Binge Watcher

Dynamic Keyboard isn't working

@Team : I am trying to integrate dynamic keyboard in my roku channel but it's not working. Even the samples(https://github.com/rokudev/dynamic-voice-enabled-keyboards) given in roku docs are not working. I debugged and found that  voiceEnabled filed of textEditBox  is not being set to true.  Even after setting m.keyboard.textEditBox.voiceEnabled = true at multiple places in my brs file, it is always false. When I log it by using ? "------- voiceEnabled -------- ";m.keyboard.textEditBox.voiceEnabled (edited) 
It always gives me false. Any idea why it's happening?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
juanesLP
Reel Rookie

Re: Dynamic Keyboard isn't working

I'm experiencing the same with the standardKeyboardDialog, the textEditBox.voiceEnabled attribute never gets to become true, so frustrating

0 Kudos
RowanG1Bilue
Binge Watcher

Hi, did you get this working?

0 Kudos
juanesLP
Reel Rookie

Hi @RowanG1Bilue 

I did get it working using a voice-enabled Roku device, a US Roku account, and testing directly with somebody from the US, probably a VPN would also do the trick. It seems the voice input feature is restricted by region and by device model.