Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
streamingguy
Visitor

Re: Dish Network doesn't have all international Channel

As far as I know, DISHWorld has an agreement with ROKU and we can not publish International channels through our new apps. We had the same issue from last month and DISH is not allowing to publish any International channels. But, I heard that there is no problem for the existing apps/streams. This is not good for both the content providers and also for the customers. DISH is charging high price for a couple of channels.
0 Kudos
bandal
Visitor

So what is existing apps then? I have been developing for 6 months now and ready to go private very soon. I am waiting for a response too from Dish. They better not cut me out near the end after thousands spent.
0 Kudos
streamingguy
Visitor

The apps which are already published before June.

We had private channel from Feb and didn't go for public before June. When we tried to publish, we came across this restriction 😞
0 Kudos
Davidb7236
Visitor

OK, so how do you get around it. What is the process, I don't see anything written anywhere on how to deal with DIshWorld.
0 Kudos
Davidb7236
Visitor

I"m still waiting for Dish.com to respond whoever made this deal with Dish Network was not a bright move. If i'm a developer and I have to deal with DishNetwork to get an app published I might as well just order Dish network and throw out the Roku.
0 Kudos
bandal
Visitor

How come no one at Roku responds to how we deal with Dish as they can say anything they want to stop us. I am awaiting a response still. I know they won't carry my content anyway for years as I know the Copyright Holders Personally and in the Government.
0 Kudos
Davidb7236
Visitor

I'm starting to feel like Tom Hanks in Cast Away, Help no respond. Dish Network hates me and Roku is just Roku... I need to publish a channel and its not happening. Anyway, I'll check my email tomorrow hopefully the little people can get a channel up someday.
0 Kudos
bandal
Visitor

I sent my e-mail June 8th and still waiting after asking the progress 2 times and no response.
How do we continue with our development?
0 Kudos
victorthomas
Visitor

WAKE UP! YOU CAN'T PUBLISH ANY MORE INTERNATIONAL CHANNELS ON ROKU unless you go through DishWorld.

Let me make it REAL plain... even if DishWorld allows you, the deal is: YOUR channel will be under "DISHWORLD's AGGREGATED CHANNELS" under DishWorld's list of channels. How about that!!!

http://www.roku.com/Libraries/Press_Rel ... nload=true

http://blog.floatleftinteractive.com/ho ... -channels/

As a content distributor you will be listed under your competitor's brand. LOVELY!!!

Now the real fun part about this is, try contacting DishWorld and then you will know what Roku has turned out to be for international/foreign language content within days (or may be months???)...
0 Kudos
victorthomas
Visitor

"knuckle" wrote:
Hi David----------------

unless there has been a huge change in how roku does business the inclusion of dishworld in no way stops you from providing any other foreign language program in a private channel (providing you get the content owners ok) or you from contacting said Latin provider about doing so.Which Latin programming is it you want?

WAKE UP, SIR! YOU CAN'T PUBLISH ANY MORE INTERNATIONAL CHANNELS ON ROKU unless you go through DishWorld.

Let me make it REAL plain... even if DishWorld allows you, the deal is: YOUR channel will be under "DISHWORLD's AGGREGATED CHANNELS" under DishWorld's list of channels. How about that!!!

http://www.roku.com/Libraries/Press_Rel ... nload=true

http://blog.floatleftinteractive.com/ho ... -channels/

As a content distributor you will be listed under your competitor's brand. LOVELY!!!

Now the real fun part about this is, try contacting DishWorld and then you will know what Roku has turned out to be for international/foreign language content within days (or may be months???)...
0 Kudos