Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwboston
Visitor

Dish Exclusivity

Is Roku still planning to remove international and foreign language channels from the platform if they are not part of the DishWorld package? I had heard lots of chatter about this over the Summer, but given that it's now nearing the end of the year, and I still see lots of foreign language and international programming on my Roku box, has there been a shift in policy. I'm interested in launching a channel for a client who is not interested in being a part of the DishWorld system. :?:
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Dish Exclusivity

Roku was never planning on removing all international and foreign language channels. All international and foreign language channels now require DishWorld's approval, because they have better and more resources to be able to ensure that all the appropriate rights have been obtained for the content. If you're interested in developing an international/foreign language channel for distribution in North America, then you need to contact DishWorld to get approval. See this thread for more information: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=50512
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
rhac777
Visitor

Re: Dish Exclusivity

DISHworld diminishes, not enhances Roku's value. Their basic monthly fees are absurd. Their "multiple stream/multiple devices" fees are absurd. When all of their offerings are ridiculously expensive, it becomes clear that they are unreasonable service providers. Throw them out.
0 Kudos