Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
opnchaudhary
Streaming Star

Developer mode stops working

Hi All, I am facing an absurd problem with my Roku 2. I enable "development mode" in it and access the roku installer page. But after a couple of minutes I can't access the installer page. I have to disable 'development mode' and enable it again. I don't know why is this happening? Someone if could help me out with this, I would be so thankful.

Note: Roku is not disconnected in the meantime while the development stops working. And IP of the roku is same, I can still watch other channels. I just can't access installer page, or telnet it, not even ping.

thanks in advance.
Paras
Regards
Paras Nath Chaudhary

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuRobB
Streaming Star

Re: Developer mode stops working

What device and firmware version are you experiencing this problem on?
0 Kudos
opnchaudhary
Streaming Star

Roku 2 Serial ID : 12G35D025197
Regards
Paras Nath Chaudhary

0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Could this be related to mandatory authentication on port 80 introduced in fw5.2 ( http://blog.roku.com/developer/2013/10/08/security-enhancements-added-to-channel-development/ ) - or is this on 5.1?
0 Kudos
raygan
Visitor

i am having the same issue with a Roku 2 - model 3050X, version 5.1 build 1195

i can connect no problem to the older Roku XD|S but not this newer box.

any ideas?
0 Kudos
opnchaudhary
Streaming Star

I probably think it was because of Network I was connected to. The problem existed while I was using TP-Link Router. Possibly it could be because I was using the ADSL Router as a wireless Switch (connected by ethernet in the LAN port to the main Router ). Now I am using it with a different network and have only one router where my device gets connected through wireless. And the problem no longer seems to exist. Anyways its fixed for me.

"EnTerr" wrote:
Could this be related to mandatory authentication on port 80 introduced in fw5.2 ( http://blog.roku.com/developer/2013/10/08/security-enhancements-added-to-channel-development/ ) - or is this on 5.1?

The problem existed before I updated to fw5.2 and was solved too when I was using different network. And now I have updated my box to 5.2. Its working like charm.

So I think It most possibly the issue was with the Network, some kind of firewall setting or something I am not sure of.

Thanks all for your time to check my issue and reply.
Regards
Paras Nath Chaudhary

0 Kudos