Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandeepthakur
Binge Watcher

Developer id of submitted package does not match developer id of previously submitted package

I am getting below error on static analysis page during re-submitting process of publishing roku package. Can I get someone help regarding this.  I don't have developer id and password of previous published package.

"Developer id of submitted package does not match developer id of previously submitted package"

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

Re: Developer id of submitted package does not match developer id of previously submitted package

Please refer this article If you forgot only dev id. But, you forgot both the things.

The First option, The Static Analysis is an automatic testing tool. So, Sometimes. It's giving the wrong flag So, you will try sometimes later.

The Second option, you contact Roku partner success and ask to Roku please give my old dev id and password which is used my old version published. But, Roku doesn't store the Devid and password (used to package your current SDK channel package) on your end, so you must save it in a file. So, you have the information for future update submissions. Please see the documentation for more information: 

The Third option, your all flag is solved and the only single flag is remaining which is "Developer id of the submitted package does not match developer id of the previously submitted package". then you contact to Roku partner success and provide your channel information to Roku. Then they will verify that there is no additional error with your channel and finally Roku will publish your channel manually.

I was facing this issue for one and a half months. My issue was solved using the third point. But, all user's registry is destroyed after I upload a package. which is created using a new dev id and password. These things Roku clearly mention in documentation.

0 Kudos
JEEVO
Reel Rookie

Re: Developer id of submitted package does not match developer id of previously submitted package

To update the channel package you can follow below steps:

1. Upload the updated zip file in “Installer
  2. Now go to “Utilities” and upload the old package and enter the password you used while uploading the old package and click on "Re-Key"
    • This will activate the DevID 
  3. Now go to the “Packager”, you can see the above DevID mentioned and enter the app name/ version and enter the password you used while uploading the old package again.
  4. Click on “Package”.
  5. You get the package downloadable file signed with the same DevID.

Uploading this package will not give the error you are facing.

0 Kudos