Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bosborne
Visitor

Description doesn't show when poster screen first loads

I have a content list that has items with title, shortDescriptionLine1, shortDescriptionLine2, and Description all filled out.

When the poster screen loads and the first item is shown, there's a blank line beneath the thumbnail, then the shortDescriptionLine1 is shown on the next line (in bold), and then shortDescriptionLine2 is shown beneath that. The description is NOT shown.

When I scroll to the next item in the list, the first blank line is removed and shortDescriptionLine1 and shortDescriptionLine2 are bumped up a line. The description is then shown on the bottom beneath shortDescriptionLine2. If I scroll BACK to the first item in the list, then it also displays it correctly.

So the problem is that only the first item is screwed up and only on initial load. Scrolling away and back to the item corrects it.

This appears to be bug - can anyone confirm?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: Description doesn't show when poster screen first loads

Without seeing any code, it sounds like an issue with the sequence data is populated then displayed. After the data is set, render needs to be called again - maybe that's the issue?
aspiring
0 Kudos
bosborne
Visitor

Re: Description doesn't show when poster screen first loads

Thanks! I was declaring the list style before I set the content list. When I switched it to after the content list, it worked.
0 Kudos