Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simranjit
Binge Watcher

Deep linking is required or not for a channel having single live stream ?

I have  a channel which has only single live stream Video running through out the application, 
Can anybody please confirm that, do we need to implement Deep linking in our Roku channel or not as per the new Roku Guidelines.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Deep linking is required or not for a channel having single live stream ?

Ha-haa, that's a good one!
i don't actually know how such demand is to be verified - but it should be easy for you to provide a "pro forma" (dummy) implementation - since regardless what params you are given, you would be playing the same content. In fact, i don't think you have to do anything at all and it already satisfies the requirement by default, no? As long as you are not acting on launch parameters any different than no launch parameters and just play your content...
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

As an update, i asked a RokuCo insider and his reply - "if the channel launches straight into the live stream, the dev doesn't need to do anything as the launch args can just be ignored" - seems to match my understanding.

Submit for publishing and let us know if app reviewers raise this as an issue? Would be interesting to follow
0 Kudos
aimit
Visitor

I just submitted a live stream audio channel. I also asked them if content id's were required for deep linking. Its just 1 stream with no additional links.
I should find out in a day or so.
0 Kudos