Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salman23
Visitor

Deep Linking

Hi,
has anyone implemented Deep Linking before in your apps.Actually am not clear about how to implement this.I got understand ,how to make ECP calls. But the problem is how can i have access to the code from an Advertisement or search option in roku home or channel store.Can anyone give a brief about the above mentioned..

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Deep Linking

All deep linking methods use launch parameters. ECP is just one of many ways to deep link into a channel.

When the source is an ad on the device home screen, you'd work with our ad ops team to set up the launch parameters. When the source is Roku Search, your channel would be passed the playID that you provided in your search feed.
0 Kudos
salman23
Visitor

Re: Deep Linking

"RokuChris" wrote:
All deep linking methods use launch parameters. ECP is just one of many ways to deep link into a channel.

When the source is an ad on the device home screen, you'd work with our ad ops team to set up the launch parameters. When the source is Roku Search, your channel would be passed the playID that you provided in your search feed.

Thanks a bunch Chris.That was a great information.Actually is it roku channel store app search from roku device, which you mentioned above? If it is, how can i add the roku search into my roku device.Now there is a channel store option in my roku , where the channels are listed under certain genres.But i couldn't find any search options out there in my roku.I somewhere read that one-stop search only works with US based (North America) ip addresses.Is there such a constraint.Do you have any comments regarding these ?

Thanks.
0 Kudos