Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkolby
Visitor

DLNA

I was chatting with another developer working on a channel for the DVP and he said that in a couple of months roku will be DLNA upnp compliant. Is this true? I don't know where he got his information, but if it's true, it will make things much easier for streaming local media.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
bbefilms
Visitor

Re: DLNA

I doubt that you'll hear anything official from any of the Roku personnel here, but it would be insane for the Roku Player not to have uPNP and DLNA compliance, similar to devices like the WD HD box. My view is that they need to switch this on quickly to retain a competitive advantage.
0 Kudos
joendsu
Visitor

Re: DLNA

I agree, DLNA is a must to be competitive with the other players available. I have the WDTV Live and it is great to be able to play items from PlayOn. I would like to see this functionality in the Roku - as I would rather use the Roku box than the WDTV Live (not quite as solid, no built in wireless). Roku needs to make this happen - soon!
0 Kudos