Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joetesta
Roku Guru

Customize Grid Description?

Is there any way to customize what appears in the description box on the grid screen (the one that appears in the lower right with 'SetDescriptionVisible')?
I'd like to remove the rating stars in a particular grid screen, but I don't see it documented anywhere. Should I assume it's not possible?
tyvmia
aspiring
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Customize Grid Description?

Just set the starRating attribute on your content-meta-data to invalid. That's generally how you can prevent any piece of data from being displayed.
0 Kudos
dratio
Visitor

I have set the starRating to invalid and Rating (the content immediately after starRating on the same line) is still not vertically flush with the rest of the text on the description. How would I set the Rating to be flush with the rest of the content (i.e. left-aligned)?
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"dratio" wrote:
I have set the starRating to invalid and Rating (the content immediately after starRating on the same line) is still not vertically flush with the rest of the text on the description. How would I set the Rating to be flush with the rest of the content (i.e. left-aligned)?

Not possible, unfortunately (at least no way that I've found).
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
dratio
Visitor

Thanks for the quick response to a 7 month old post! You are awesome. A follow up question, is there a comprehensive list of things that can be added to the grid screen description? At the moment I am setting starRating to invalid and then putting the details that I want in the Ratings value, which populates correctly (other than left-align). I would love to put the details into a field other than the place where the Ratings go but haven't been able to figure one out. Is there a mapping of which values are available to display on the description and where each value is laid out anywhere?
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"dratio" wrote:
Thanks for the quick response to a 7 month old post! You are awesome. A follow up question, is there a comprehensive list of things that can be added to the grid screen description? At the moment I am setting starRating to invalid and then putting the details that I want in the Ratings value, which populates correctly (other than left-align). I would love to put the details into a field other than the place where the Ratings go but haven't been able to figure one out. Is there a mapping of which values are available to display on the description and where each value is laid out anywhere?

I don't think there's anything documented, but ReleaseDate is a free-text field as well, so you could use that to display additional text above the description.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos