Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Constant table size exceeded.

I'm suddenly receiving the following compilation error on my Roku 1 box. The same channel compiles and runs fine on the Roku 2.

BrightScript Debugger> Constant table size exceeded. (compile error &hb1) in ...

If I remove arbitrary files from the zip, it will eventually compile, so it's not specific to the code. Is there some kind of function count limit on the Roku 1s that I'm running into? Has anyone else seen this before?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
MazeWizzard
Visitor

Re: Constant table size exceeded.

IDK... but the constant table with a compiler is usually referring to things like quoted strings. Constants. Not function calls.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

I haven't seen that error, but then for the past few months I've been busy developing channels that specifically target Roku 2s.
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

There are several constant tables in the interpreter for different kinds of constants. It looks like the only difference between Roku1 and Roku2 is the maximum number of functions has been increased from 512 to 768 on Roku2. I'll file a bug to the effect that it should be the same on all platforms.

--Mark
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"RokuMarkn" wrote:
There are several constant tables in the interpreter for different kinds of constants. It looks like the only difference between Roku1 and Roku2 is the maximum number of functions has been increased from 512 to 768 on Roku2. I'll file a bug to the effect that it should be the same on all platforms.

--Mark

Ah ha.. 512 functions max... that's what I needed to know. Thanks!
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
MazeWizzard
Visitor

Crap. Wrong again. It happens. 😉
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

"RokuMarkn" wrote:

--Mark

So does that mean Roku 1 will be getting another firmware update? Or will Roku 2 be bumped back down to 512 functions to match?
0 Kudos