Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ackeba
Visitor

Confusion while setting up Nielsen with my channel

Hello wise creators of the forums. You have helped me so much in the last few moths as I began from scratch to develop an indie movie streaming service. With your assistance I've come a very long way, and am soon ready to submit WatchIndie for approval from Roku to go public. I have only one thing left to do before this happens though, and I need your help yet again, because I've been able to find very little info regarding the integration of Nielsen into a channel.

I've read the SDK Docs regarding the Nielsen DAR, but it has really only confused me more than I was before. I need some help understanding it all better. Can anyone try to explain this to my like I'm 5, and help me to understand the process of coding this to apply it to my channel?

It says that enableNielsenDAR() only needs to be called once, and before any ads are called, but I'm not entirely sure how to do that. Do I call it as a function? and then also since I am parsing all my movies and data for them how to I retrieve information for individual pieces of content such as setNielsenGenre() and setNielsenProgramId()?

If anyone could help me out that would me so very much appreciated. I am kind of on a tight schedule to get this channel finished for work. Thanks all.

-Aaron
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
ackeba
Visitor

Re: Confusion while setting up Nielsen with my channel

Can anyone help me with this? I don't need someone to do it for me necessarily, just help me understand it, so I can learn how to do it.
0 Kudos
ackeba
Visitor

Somebody gotta know how to do this, and be willing to help a brotha out. I've been consistently reaching out to Roku themselves who said they'd help me, but it's so hard to stay in touch with them, or actually get them to contact me back about things.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

"ackeba" wrote:
...but it's so hard to stay in touch with them, or actually get them to contact me back about things.

And I thought it was just me. Smiley LOL

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

It's been a long-standing problem, the platform lacking developer evangelists (in my mind, since after the times of RokuPatrick). It's getting worse, seems lately RokuCo is focusing exclusively on hiring Golgafrincham “B” Ark positions (telephone sanitizers, hairdressers, ...). Is the end nigh, i wonder?
0 Kudos
sjsaleem
Visitor

setNielsenGenre() --> You can set the genre from any of the below depending on your videos.for ex: adIface.setNielsenGenre("GV") if your videos are mix of all categories
Adventure A
Audience Participation AP
Award Ceremonies & Pageants AC
Children’s Programming CP
Comedy Variety CV
Concert Music CM
Conversation, Colloquies CC
Daytime Drama DD
Devotional D
Documentary, General DO
Documentary, News DN
Evening Animation EA
Feature Film FF
General Drama GD
General Variety GV
Instructions, Advice IA
Musical Drama MD
News N
Official Police OP
Paid Political P
Participation Variety PV
Popular Music -Contemporary PC
Popular Music -Standard PS
Private Detective PD
Quiz -Give Away QG
Quiz -Panel QP
Science Fiction SF
Situation Comedy CS
Sports Anthology SA
Sports Commentary SC
Sports News SN
Sports Event SE
Suspense/Mystery SM
Western Drama EW
setNielsenProgramId()--> You can set programid as some name of your video or a generic name. for ex: adIface.setNielsenProgramId("Live Streaming")
0 Kudos