Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joetesta
Roku Guru

Channel Versions above 1.20

Greetings,

We've gradually been making modifications to our private channel, incrementing the version each time, and our /Developer/Apps/Packages/ page shows this channel currently at version 1.20.
The next and only available version beyond this is 2.0.
I guess it probably won't be a big deal for our next iteration to become version 2.0, but it doesn't necessarily make sense from a development standpoint. It would be nice to have the possibility to go to 1.99 or beyond. Does 2.0 also allow increments to 2.20? I've searched around briefly and not finding any documentation about this yet. Is it documented anywhere, can anyone explain the version numbering system?

tyvmia
aspiring
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Channel Versions above 1.20

I'll take a look and file a bug if needed. Meanwhile, don't worry about it, leave it at 1.20 and increment the version values in the manifest file, these are the ones we really care about because it helps QA determine if they are testing the correct version of your channel.

- Joel
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: Channel Versions above 1.20

Thank you Joel.
aspiring
0 Kudos