Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aeustudios
Visitor

Channel Pkg Upload Error

When updating my channel, I attempt to upload my package zip file and get this message:

"uploaded package file format invalid"

I'm not sure what I'm missing because I've uploaded before with no problems. Is .zip file the only format to upload pkg?

Also, when I download my published .zip package, I'm unable to open it with Stuffit Deluxe.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: Channel Pkg Upload Error

Please see the Developer Guide Section 7.3 for an explanation on how to use the SDK Makefiles for creating your zip.

If creating by hand take care to make the top-level directory contain:
source/ images/ manifest

--Kevin
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

You're not supposed to be able to open a pkg file with a zip program or stuffit deluxe.
0 Kudos
aeustudios
Visitor

Still at a loss.

So if anyone is bored on a Friday night and would like to see if they can figure out why I'm unable to upload zip file to the private channel,
here's the zip file I'm trying to upload:

http://aeustudios.com/pnn.zip
0 Kudos
Mister_DNA
Visitor

You had the directory structure of the zipfile wrong: here is a working zip: http://www.libertydrome.com/media/pnnradiofinal.zip

I opened it in developer mode and everything looked and played right.

What you need to do now is open the zip in developer mode on your computer, run genkey and generate a password then you can generate a pkg file to be uploaded at Roku's developer site.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. - George Orwell
0 Kudos
aeustudios
Visitor

Maybe this is where I'm having the problem. Excuse my ignorance but how do you "open the zip in developer mode on your computer, run genkey and generate a password then you can generate a pkg file". I'm on a Mac.

Thanks again for all your help!

😄
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"aeustudios" wrote:
Maybe this is where I'm having the problem. Excuse my ignorance but how do you "open the zip in developer mode on your computer, run genkey and generate a password then you can generate a pkg file". I'm on a Mac.

Thanks again for all your help!

😄

The ChannelPackagingAndPublishing.pdf in the SDK will step you through that whole process.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
aeustudios
Visitor

Thank You guys for all your help.

Believe it or not, I've actually done this all before and forgot IT ALL!

I'm getting old.

Thanks again, I'm back on track

:mrgreen:
0 Kudos