Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: Change in color of static image on ROKU

"EnTerr" wrote:
"squirreltown" wrote:
Exactly! I did check the inverse and it's a considerably darker shade that what's showing. 

can alfalpha channel affect that?

I think the alfalpha channel is normally for knocking out any photo-bombing cows, so I don't see a connection just yet. Really, the only clue I can find is that if you rotate the hue 180º you get the result shown in the stackoverflow photos. That seems like something, being exactly 180 instead of some arbitrary amount.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
usman_itsreleva
Streaming Star

"EnTerr" wrote:
What API are you using (e.g. roScreen, roImageCanvas, roSgScreen/RSG)?
It will help if you share specific model number (e.g. 3600x, 2700x...) and firmware version where you "get the blues".
Also, i am not sure that imgur (what you use for to share the image) doesn't mangle the image even a little and that might be significant, e.g. i see it's a png with alpha.

I have updated code and I am getting this issue on almost all devices of Roku.(Roku_express, Roku2 XD model#3050X). But sometimes I do not get any issue and then this issue starts occur again
usman_itsreleva
Streaming Star

"squirreltown" wrote:
I looked at stackoverflow and I didn't see an image of this graphic displaying correctly, the ones that were yellow were different graphics. Obviously it shows correctly here. I don't see a reason but it does appear that the white/grey of the clouds is correct which rules out any bizarre channel swapping in the file or the Roku. Have you tried starting with a fresh graphic and pasting the layer in?

On stackoverflow, I posted two results of same code on same device, means that color of only sun changes from Yellow to Blue and there is no issue with white or grey clouds. And sometimes roku displays sun images correct(Yellow).
usman_itsreleva
Streaming Star

"squirreltown" wrote:
"EnTerr" wrote:
"squirreltown" wrote:
Exactly! I did check the inverse and it's a considerably darker shade that what's showing. 

can alfalpha channel affect that?

I think the alfalpha channel is normally for knocking out any photo-bombing cows, so I don't see a connection just yet. Really, the only clue I can find is that if you rotate the hue 180º you get the result shown in the stackoverflow photos. That seems like something, being exactly 180 instead of some arbitrary amount.

screen = CreateObject("roBitmap", {width: 1280, height: 720, AlphaEnable: True})
[size=100][color=#000000][font=Arial, sans-serif]src = this.bitmaps[this.content.forecasts[i].imgURL].bitmap[/font][/color][/size]

DrawObject(x as Integer, y as Integer, src as Object) 

screen.DrawObject(Int(112 + (174 * i) - 75), 250, src)

Above code I am using to display an image. What I have to change to resolve issue?

RokuMarkn! Link in your answer does not works.
usman_itsreleva
Streaming Star

I am also getting issue on all images which have yellow color and ROKU display the color blue.
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Does setAlphaEnable() and GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA relate?
0 Kudos