Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ionatan
Roku Guru

Change Channel from Private to Public

Is it possible to change the type of a Channel, from Private to Public?! Because I want to add a Channel as private, for testing it first, and then I want to change the state to Public, and I want to know if I can keep the same vanity code.

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Change Channel from Private to Public

When you are done testing your private channel, change the vanity code and name to something else, and submit the package as a public channel. Once the public channel has been published, you can publish an update to your private channel to direct users to the new public channel.

- Joel
0 Kudos
ionatan
Roku Guru

Ok, so isn't possible just to change a channel from "private" to "public", and to keep the same vanity code?!
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

I didn't say that, but it is a lot of work for us to do that. If you follow the method I described, you should be able to use your vanity code for the public channel, just change it for the private channel first.

- Joel
0 Kudos
ionatan
Roku Guru

OK, thanks. And should I use also a different DevID for "test" the Private Channel?
0 Kudos