Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greubel
Visitor

Chaneru and VLC transcoding release 1

Updated the Chaneru beta to 1.4a with the first cut at VLC on the fly transcoding. Also addressed an issue concerning the security of the Chaneru server. The transcoding only functions on the Windows release. But if anyone is concerned about their system security because of Chaneru, this update is required ! There is a checkbox in the server's options to turn transcoding on/off. This is not a fix all for streaming to the Roku but it is a step up. There isn't any user interface for setting the x264 options but this will be coming in the near future. Further documentation in my forum.
This requires updating both the channel and server !

http://www.chaneru.com in the downloads section and http://www.chaneru.com/forum/
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

Re: Chaneru and VLC transcoding release 1

So far this is great.... but a few things you should consider

1.) ablilty to check if file needs to be transcoded or not, so only files not roku compatible would be transcoded.
2.) fast forwarding and rewinding acts up where sometimes you no longer see the video only audio
3.) ability to just start VLC and plug in any video, url, or capture device.

but this is shaping up nicely!! plays .flv's, avi's, mpeg2's very nicely, best $10 i spent online in a long time!!
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

i have been playing with this a lot and its working great, there have been a few issues that seems to crash vlc, and then you pretty much have to restart the PC cause VLC wont work, but so far this a a great addition.

One thing i do see though at times is that when transcode is clicked, it will even try and transcode videos that are roku compatible
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
BobosCurse
Visitor

Hello. I have set up Chaneru and just verified that it works with my Roku. So far, only mp4 files.
It sees all my .AVI's but can't play them, of course.

I have VLC and I've been scrounging the internet trying to find out what I need to do make Chaneru and VLC work together so that the AVI files are transcoded on the fly so I can stream them.

What is the setup for this?

Thanks!
0 Kudos