Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgranlund
Visitor

Category Leaf

I am just starting as A Roku developer and I am using the videoplayer-channel example package that I downloaded.  It is a Ted Talks Package with a few categories.  My problem is, I can't find how to change the Category / CategoryLeaf setting.  Right now, it allows for different Categories in the Categories.xml but then it only allows for two <categoryLeaf> within each category,  Where do I find that setting, in what file?  Also, do I have to change the amount of categories that will show?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Category Leaf

First of all - if you are using sample apps make absolutely sure it is a scenegraph edition - anything older than that will be phased out and removed from the channel store at the end of the year as the older screen types are being removed from the firmware.  As for adding Leafs, you'll need to edit the XML or JSON file it downloads, upload the changed version with what you want somewhere else, and point the app to the new location.
0 Kudos
rgranlund
Visitor

1. How do I make sure that it is a scenegraph edition?
2. I have edited the XML File to Show three Leafs but it still only shows 2 Sub categories
3. You wrote "upload the changed version with what you want somewhere else, and point the app to the new location." Do you mean put the XML in a different / new folder?
0 Kudos
eliteproxy
Channel Surfer

I've only been doing this for three days, but I am using the video-channel sample and I believe that if the XML Scene file contains extends="Scene" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="https://devtools.web.roku.com/schema/RokuSceneGraph.xsd">, that's a good indication that it is using SceneGraph
0 Kudos