Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbakernc
Visitor

Cant re-add private channel

I built a channel, uploaded it as a private channel. Added it to my Roku box. I update several of the graphics and they did not update even after 2 days.

On the Roku player I removed the channel.

Logged in to my account clicked add private channel, I enter my "code". In the text box the letters are light gray, I thought last time they were black. I click ADD CHANNEL and nothing happens.

Any ideas why I cant re-add the channel?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
kbenson
Visitor

Re: Cant re-add private channel

Did you visit and leave the channel store after updating? After removing?

If you removed and added again a channel between store visits (and between automatic syncs), then it might not do anything.

If you added the original private channel using the automatically generated code, and not the vanity code, it will most likely be an install of that specific version. I'm not sure what happens when that specific version is no longer the pending or published private channel.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
bbakernc
Visitor

All I did was update images on our server where the pictures were coming from. After two days they had not been updated in the channel. Maybe cached. So from the player I went to the channel store, top line arrowed to my private channel, selected it, clicked remove. Logged in to my normal Roku account, clicked add private channel, and it will not let me, When I click ADD CHANNEL, nothing happens.
0 Kudos
kbenson
Visitor

"bbakernc" wrote:
All I did was update images on our server where the pictures were coming from. After two days they had not been updated in the channel. Maybe cached.

Common problem. Add a timestamp (you can get epoch from roDateTime object) parameter to your image requests so it never uses a prior cached image (or use the time the channel started use cached images from this run only).
E.g. http://yourserver.com/path/to/image.jpg?123456789

So from the player I went to the channel store, top line arrowed to my private channel, selected it, clicked remove. Logged in to my normal Roku account, clicked add private channel, and it will not let me, When I click ADD CHANNEL, nothing happens.

And you had left the store (so it synced with your account and registered with Roku that you had removed the channel)? I've never had this problem, and I have uploaded and published private apps multiple times in a night before. I suspect you are running into some race condition between when you think you've removed the channel and when Roku sees that you've removed the channel, or that there's a problem with the Channel Store in general for you (there's been some reports about Channel Store problems in the General forum, but I haven't bothered to look).
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
bbakernc
Visitor

I think the problem is on-line in my account. I have added a private channel to 5 other Roku accounts and when I enter my "CODE", I get the channel ICON, and then I can click ADD. WHen I enter the "code" I never get the channel ICON.
0 Kudos