Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
panzhuli
Visitor

Re: Cannot package app

I will grab my other and test it out. I did hold it for 30 seconds, but it restarted after 10. Not sure if the hard reset "took" as it was restarting... Would Roku exchange the device for me? I bought it forever ago!!
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

If you are holding it in properly, it will try to restart a few times, but it won't finish restarting. Try 30 seconds to 1 minute of actual time with the button pressed.

If that doesn't work, contact support and then send me a private message with your case #.

- Joel
0 Kudos
panzhuli
Visitor

Thanks, Joel. No luck so I sent you a PM
0 Kudos
panzhuli
Visitor

OK - update. I went and got my other Roku box and am getting the same result. I've tried switching to the wireless network as well as the wired... What else could be going on here? Joel, ignore that PM, I misread your last message and didn't contact support first...
0 Kudos
panzhuli
Visitor

Hi all -

This is still unresolved. Can someone point me to a reason why this might be happening? If it is a network settings issue, any thoughts?

Thanks!

Julie
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

It certainly sounds like some kind of networking issue. What brand / model of router are you using?

- Joel
0 Kudos
panzhuli
Visitor

I am using the same network as I was prior to the issue happening, but am using a Time Capsule to broadcast a wireless network (in bridge mode) behind an AT&T modem/router. The Roku box has been tested with a cable and over the wireless network...

Thanks!
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Sounds like a pretty sketchy setup to me. If you can put your time capsule in AP mode then try it, otherwise, get a router that is designed to be a router first and foremost.

edit: Also, I have AT&T UVerse DSL at home, and regular AT& DSL before that, never have any serious issues using wireless or wired with my Roku on those.

- Joel
0 Kudos