Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joecih
Visitor

Can't access DevMode App Installer url with dev mode enabled

Not sure if this is related to viewtopic.php?f=34&t=63505
in one way or the other. I setup my Roku 3 with dev application installer enabled but I can't access my http://rokudevice installer page.

I am using a Macair ( with Lion 10.7.5 ) and can ping it via terminal. I have my Roku's hardwired back to my: 2701HG-B Gateway Dsl/Router. So, I am not 100% sure that it is not some port being blocked. Is there an existing issue / link related to this problem ? I setup dev mode, enabling it, signing agreement and giving it a password and then rebooted with success ... I am trying to access the url via wifi from my MacAir

I have not tried access the url via desktop ( also hardwired ) so I may try that next.
Appreciate any assistance.

Br,
Joe
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Can't access DevMode App Installer url with dev mode ena

You might try powering your device off and then on again, and then, disable and re-enable developer mode, if it still doesn't work, try one more power cycle. Check that there is no Access Point Isolation set up on your router.

-Joel
0 Kudos
joecih
Visitor

"RokuJoel" wrote:
You might try powering your device off and then on again, and then, disable and re-enable developer mode, if it still doesn't work, try one more power cycle. Check that there is no Access Point Isolation set up on your router.

-Joel

Thanks Joel,

I followed your instruction. Reset the dev mode on the Roku, rebooted and then set it again. I also, used a 4 digit password not that the one I had before caused any issue. So, it is resolving now and I can access via url . Thanks so much.
Regards,

Joe H 🙂
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Glad to hear it!

- Joel
0 Kudos