Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

Brightscript Numeric Keypad (Open Source)

Hi Everyone,

I had to create a numeric keypad for my PokeClock channel so I decided to open source it, the project is published on GitHub at:

https://github.com/lvcabral/RokuNumericKeypad

There is a Settings Screen implementation as a simple example, you can configure integer, float, with or without negative numbers support.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Brightscript Numeric Keypad (Open Source)

There is roPinEntryDialog - not good enough? Number of digits and text can be configured.
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

"EnTerr" wrote:
There is roPinEntryDialog - not good enough? Number of digits and text can be configured.

Not at all, I tried it but the numbers do now show (only * as a password) and you can't have negative or float numbers.
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

One missing feature this example was lacking was the support of using the App (iOS/Android) to directly entry the numbers using the mobile device keyboard.
It's not missing anymore, I implemented it and also added the MIT license to it making it really free for using on anyone's project.
0 Kudos