Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taytus
Visitor

Re: BrightScript documentation?

I wouldn't say that this is the best documentation available, but hey guys...please stop calling each others IDIOTS!!

LOL

I am learning BrightScript (this is my third day :)) and I do have experience in other languages. So far the language sucks, but it's quite easy to start coding following the examples, docs and forum posts.

Sorry about my English.
0 Kudos
YungBlood
Streaming Star

"RokuMarkn" wrote:
I do have access to the source so I have on occasion looked up the code to see how it was handling a particular construct, but I've only done that maybe a couple of times.

Hey Mark,
I'm curious, what language is the source in?
YungBlood

Bringing more fun to Roku!
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

C

This is my first single-character post on this board ... oops, I blew it.

--Mark
0 Kudos
SolveLLC
Visitor

If you think the documentation is bad for Roku, just wait until you have to develop for one of the other set-top boxes. I'm looking at you Samsung.
0 Kudos
onevoisses
Visitor

To all my Fellow Lazy programmers.
I too like any of you complain and gripe about the documentation,but then as I always said to everyone at the end of my post.Read,Read,Read.
Let me tell you where our problems are , we got lazy when IDE came in,All you do draw the concept on a board and then change the properties.

When I move to Linux.I found how dunce I was.I now find that even updating by Command prompt,Console or Terminal is better than by any Gui as I see whats going on and can correct it.like if my Ethernet is not connect you see it right away.Than wait for the Gui to bark some stupid suggestions.

I think Roku Team has bend over backwards to make the program easy.templates scripts hello world blogs,too much.

I can never understand HTML,it carries too much weird syntax,so I stay far from website development unless I am using a content management system.So here are my suggestion."Maybe this is just not your kettle of fish." Save your time.pay someone and move on.

In the meantime if you want an IDE development environment try this viewtopic.php?f=34&t=42578
its the Eclipse Plugin for Brightscript

Oh I start in 1988,msdos and 5 1/4 floppy. Count the years.
Channel: Goaheadmission
O/S : Linux
Home media: MYTHROKUPLAYER With Homerun
0 Kudos