Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbefilms
Visitor

Blog about developing a channel

FYI, we threw a quick blog together discussing our experience in creating a channel from an indie producer's perspective.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
campbellwang
Visitor

Re: Blog about developing a channel

Outstanding. Very good read.
CDNOne.com | CDNTwo.com
0 Kudos
KennyJ
Roku Guru

Excellent.
0 Kudos
bbefilms
Visitor

Thanks, appreciated..!
0 Kudos
digiblur
Visitor

Pretty cool blog... one tip to solve the different IP after reboot issue is use it on a router with a static DHCP option. It is the best of both worlds. I have all of my devices setup with static DHCP addresses so they get the same IP everytime, but yet I don't have to mess with punching in IP's and stuff into devices. And when I use a different device that I normally don't use it snags a random IP from the DHCP pool.
0 Kudos
bbefilms
Visitor

"digiblur" wrote:
Pretty cool blog... one tip to solve the different IP after reboot issue is use it on a router with a static DHCP option. It is the best of both worlds. I have all of my devices setup with static DHCP addresses so they get the same IP everytime, but yet I don't have to mess with punching in IP's and stuff into devices. And when I use a different device that I normally don't use it snags a random IP from the DHCP pool.

Thanks, a very good idea. I'm using an old router, so I'll check the options on it.
0 Kudos
Shlepzig

Going back many many years you should be able to set up your IP table.

I usually set mine up to reserve a bunch of IPs at the top end for dynamic assignment (the top 50 or so, like I am going to use that many).

Then when I set up the shared devices such as printers and servers I configure them as static and I use ranges of IPs for particular services. 001 to 029 for printers 030 to 039 for NAS, 040 to 049 for Web services, and so on.

It just helps me keep my services straight without messing about setting up a DNS server. If I had a larger network and used more than one domain it would make sense to set up a DNS service.

For my Unix Desktops I can also re-use my fstab file with all the shares on it. For the Apache servers I can reuse my alias files for all the file shares in the fstab file.

-Shlep'
0 Kudos