Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vasan
Visitor

Basic doubts about roku

Hi everyone,
I'm new developer to roku, presently i working on .net i saw some documents related to roku component reference and brightscript document it is very lengthy documents so from where i can get basic things about roku and how can i build development environment to brightscript please help me,

Thank You,
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
YungBlood
Streaming Star

Re: Basic doubts about roku

To start programming in brightscript is very easy. Technically, all you need is the SDK (all documentation), a text editor, a web browser, a telnet client, and a Roku box. To make things easier for editing, I find eclipse with the brightscript plugin is great! In the SDK, you will find many examples to help you get started. So look at the examples. Try to make your own "Hello World" channel. And keep coming here for help as you need it. We won't write your channel for you (unless you pay us), but we will be very happy to help.
YungBlood

Bringing more fun to Roku!
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Basic doubts about roku

Some of the examples are bloody mess and i did not find description in what order one should go through this to ease the learning pangs. Here is what i think is a good start list:
  1. Paragraph

2. SimplePoster

3. CustomVideoPlayer

4. FileBrowser
0 Kudos