Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rashmikapil1
Binge Watcher

Automatic Account Linking

storing into cloud is success but reading from cloud is wrong. what is stored previously in the device its showing same, not showing what stored by other device. In summary roku cloud is not working properly. Please let me know if any further information on this.

example:

Device 1

{

change: <Component: roAssociativeArray>

focusable: false

focusedChild: <Component: roInvalid>

id: ""

channelID: "dev"

errorCode: ""

json: "{

"channel_data" : “device 1",

"error" : null,

"roku_pucid" : "f3xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxx67f",

"token_type" : "urn:roku:pucid:token_type:pucid_token"

}

"

publisherDeviceID: "13xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx5914f"

}

Device 2

{

change: <Component: roAssociativeArray>

focusable: false

focusedChild: <Component: roInvalid>

id: ""

channelID: "dev"

errorCode: ""

json: "{

"channel_data" : “device 2", 

"error" : null,

"roku_pucid" : "f3xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxx67f",

"token_type" : "urn:roku:pucid:token_type:pucid_token"

}

"

publisherDeviceID: "0axxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxx80c"

}

- channelID: dev

"roku_pucid"  is same in both the devices but still device2 is not reading what is stored by device1

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
roAmanda
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Automatic Account Linking

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are aware of this issue and are working on a solution that will allow a single, persistent data across devices in the near future. Please keep an eye out for this update.

0 Kudos
Rashmikapil1
Binge Watcher

Thanks for the reply. When can we expect the solution?

0 Kudos
roAmanda
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

We do not currently have a date or timeline to share for a resolution, but it is on the way!

0 Kudos
sanity-check
Roku Guru

Hi @roAmanda , perhaps this state of affairs could be shared more widely inside Roku - partners are being pushed quite hard to implement Account Linking and it currently seems impossible.

gomad
Roku Guru

Hi @roAmanda , this has been mandated for certification and we had planned for dev also, but wasnt expecting this issue to happen, It would be nice to know the expected fix date as the certification deadline is already fixed.

regards,

GM

0 Kudos
bretthacker
Binge Watcher

I am trying to implement this and coming across the same issue. This is over 2 years old per this discussion so I'm shocked - is nobody actually using this feature or are we missing something fundamental in the implementation?

I store data in json.channel_data, and I can retrieve it on the same device. On another device registered to the same account, the roku_pucid is the same but I get gibberish back in channel_data. It seems to be escaped with Unicode - are you encrypting it and requiring us to decrypt it? That's fine - tell us how.

This is a blocker - please respond.

0 Kudos
bretthacker
Binge Watcher

Did you receive a response or figure out the issue?

0 Kudos
Rashmikapil1
Binge Watcher

If you have used "genkey" command to clear registry the deviceId changes, may be this is creating issue. Just check if this info helps you

0 Kudos
bretthacker
Binge Watcher

Thank you, I did figure it out. The documentation keeps talking about using "rekey" when you want to test multiple channels on the same device but it should also point out that if you want to test AAL code on 2 devices, both devices need the same DevID and so rekey helps there too. It's kind of unintuitive without better documentation or step by step samples.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos