Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nidave
Visitor

AudioApp Demo code

I am using the audioapp code as the basis of my first ever bit of development work that gets beyond involve "hello world" 🙂
I am 99.99% done - it all works and I am happy with most of it.
I am having an issue with the images.
I have set my feed to "arced-square" as that looks the best with the images I am using. however when I set "o.contenttype = "episode"" its not a square layout of the image and looks rubbish. - if I set "o.contenttype = "audio"" this is a square image however the alignment is not right. - I would have liked it to be left aligned and a bit bigger.

Now onto my question. I assume I can define a separate image for the poster.brs to audioapp.brs

I assume I need to create a 2nd function (I assume this is a function) and call it Createposteritem2 and haeve the URL as HDPosterUrl2 or something.
Function CreatePosterItem(id as string, desc1 as string, desc2 as string) as Object
item = CreateObject("roAssociativeArray")
item.ShortDescriptionLine1 = desc1
item.ShortDescriptionLine2 = desc2
item.HDPosterUrl = "pkg:/images/" + id + "/Poster_Logo_HD.png"
item.SDPosterUrl = item.HDPosterUrl
return item
end Function

I cant see if I am on the right track with this or not.. help would be greatly received.

I could change the content to flat-episodic but it looks so empty on the screen. I want everything to look the best it can. Some of the channels make me cringe with the artwork they use.
0 Kudos