Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuChrisT
Visitor

[April Event] Developer Meetup @ Roku HQ!

If you are in the bay area, we'll be hosting our first Roku Developer meet up on April 20th!
RSVP: https://rokudevelopermeetup.eventbrite.com

This is a great opportunity to connect directly with the Roku team, hear more about SDK updates, and meet fellow developers.

Roku Developer Meetup
Wednesday, April 20th @ 5:30pm
Roku HQ - 150 Winchester Circle, Los Gatos, CA

Great event if you are looking for:

• Channel Developers

• Content Publishers

• Roku enthusiasts

We’ll cover some common questions such as:

• What’s new with Roku OS for developers

• How to create a channel on the Roku Platform

• How to find for-hire developers building Roku channels

• How does Channel Store certification work

• Tips and tools for upgrading existing Roku channels

Come join us - please RSVP asap if you plan on coming: https://rokudevelopermeetup.eventbrite.com

See you soon!

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: [April Event] Developer Meetup @ Roku HQ!

response! 🙂

anybody else from the forum planning to attend?
0 Kudos
Rcosta
Visitor

I have already registered and have my ticket printed. I do not know how large the event will be, but it should be exciting and informative.
Roku 4 w/32 GB MicroSD
Roku Premier
Roku Stick (3600r)
39" Roku TV
55" Roku TV
Asus O! Play Mini w/1TB
Sony BDP-6500 up-scaling 4K Blueray DVD
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

The announcement was too close for me to schedule a trip on the middle of a week.

Next time you should give us a little more time in advance and maybe schedule on a Friday would help "out of towners".

Just my two cents.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"marcelo.cabral" wrote:
The announcement was too close for me to schedule a trip on the middle of a week.

Next time you should give us a little more time in advance and maybe schedule on a Friday would help "out of towners".

Just my two cents.

Same here, unfortunately. I'd love to attend, but I can't swing it on such short notice.. 😞
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
MatroxRT
Visitor

I will be there.

@TheEndless... I am bummed you won't be there -- Seriously wanted to shake your hand man.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

I hope there will be enough turnout to make this a monthly event, just like other Meetups in the area (e.g. some i frequent are iOS, .Net, BAyPIGgies, large-scale production engineering, game dev).

I doubt traveling in from out-of-state will ever be worth it but hey, if there is a presentation/talk - perhaps "the revolution will be televised"?
Now, only if there existed some device or technology that can stream video over the internet...
0 Kudos
Rcosta
Visitor

@EnTerr,

A streaming event might indeed be a great marketing tool to bring in more developers into the fold. Maybe someone at Roku will see your idea and set that up for the 2nd Developer meetup.
Roku 4 w/32 GB MicroSD
Roku Premier
Roku Stick (3600r)
39" Roku TV
55" Roku TV
Asus O! Play Mini w/1TB
Sony BDP-6500 up-scaling 4K Blueray DVD
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

Maybe they would get a better response by sending out an e-mail to everyone with a Roku Developer account. Given the number of Roku channels being developed, and the level of activity on the Developer Forum, I would guess that the majority of actual Roku Developers don't even participate in the forums, unless they have a particular problem that they can't solve on their own. I get several such e-mails from other companies, which I find useful in letting me know if there's an upcoming event (physical or virtual) that I might be interested in; they're easy to unsubscribe from if I'm not interested.
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

How was it? A lot of people ?
0 Kudos