Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuChrisT
Level 7

[April Event] Developer Meetup @ Roku HQ!

If you are in the bay area, we'll be hosting our first Roku Developer meet up on April 20th!
RSVP: https://rokudevelopermeetup.eventbrite.com

This is a great opportunity to connect directly with the Roku team, hear more about SDK updates, and meet fellow developers.

Roku Developer Meetup
Wednesday, April 20th @ 5:30pm
Roku HQ - 150 Winchester Circle, Los Gatos, CA

Great event if you are looking for:

• Channel Developers

• Content Publishers

• Roku enthusiasts

We’ll cover some common questions such as:

• What’s new with Roku OS for developers

• How to create a channel on the Roku Platform

• How to find for-hire developers building Roku channels

• How does Channel Store certification work

• Tips and tools for upgrading existing Roku channels

Come join us - please RSVP asap if you plan on coming: https://rokudevelopermeetup.eventbrite.com

See you soon!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
EnTerr
Level 8

Re: [April Event] Developer Meetup @ Roku HQ!

response! Smiley Happy

anybody else from the forum planning to attend?
0 Kudos
Rcosta
Level 7

I have already registered and have my ticket printed. I do not know how large the event will be, but it should be exciting and informative.
Roku 4 w/32 GB MicroSD
Roku Premier
Roku Stick (3600r)
39" Roku TV
55" Roku TV
Asus O! Play Mini w/1TB
Sony BDP-6500 up-scaling 4K Blueray DVD
0 Kudos

The announcement was too close for me to schedule a trip on the middle of a week.

Next time you should give us a little more time in advance and maybe schedule on a Friday would help "out of towners".

Just my two cents.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Level 7

"marcelo.cabral" wrote:
The announcement was too close for me to schedule a trip on the middle of a week.

Next time you should give us a little more time in advance and maybe schedule on a Friday would help "out of towners".

Just my two cents.

Same here, unfortunately. I'd love to attend, but I can't swing it on such short notice.. Smiley Sad
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
MatroxRT
Level 7

I will be there.

@TheEndless... I am bummed you won't be there -- Seriously wanted to shake your hand man.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Level 8

I hope there will be enough turnout to make this a monthly event, just like other Meetups in the area (e.g. some i frequent are iOS, .Net, BAyPIGgies, large-scale production engineering, game dev).

I doubt traveling in from out-of-state will ever be worth it but hey, if there is a presentation/talk - perhaps "the revolution will be televised"?
Now, only if there existed some device or technology that can stream video over the internet...
0 Kudos
Rcosta
Level 7

@EnTerr,

A streaming event might indeed be a great marketing tool to bring in more developers into the fold. Maybe someone at Roku will see your idea and set that up for the 2nd Developer meetup.
Roku 4 w/32 GB MicroSD
Roku Premier
Roku Stick (3600r)
39" Roku TV
55" Roku TV
Asus O! Play Mini w/1TB
Sony BDP-6500 up-scaling 4K Blueray DVD
0 Kudos
belltown
Level 7

Maybe they would get a better response by sending out an e-mail to everyone with a Roku Developer account. Given the number of Roku channels being developed, and the level of activity on the Developer Forum, I would guess that the majority of actual Roku Developers don't even participate in the forums, unless they have a particular problem that they can't solve on their own. I get several such e-mails from other companies, which I find useful in letting me know if there's an upcoming event (physical or virtual) that I might be interested in; they're easy to unsubscribe from if I'm not interested.
https://github.com/belltown/
0 Kudos

How was it? A lot of people ?
0 Kudos