Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSGreg
Visitor

Re: Applacation Package (Public Channel)

So the videos you want to play on your channel (assuming it's a video channel) are online already?

If so, then you'll need to do one of the following:
Create a channel using an online channel creator (I've seen reference to this method in the forums). I expect that this would give you a folder or a zip file.
Modify SDK example by creating your own XML file (perhaps the SimpleVideoPlayer might be a good start)
Code from scratch (or modify SDK example)

If they are not online, you'll have to figure out how to get them online. Then you can point the XML file to those video files.

Once the code is obtained or created, zip into a zip file if not already, then you should be able to follow the instructions in this thread and in the Roku Development guides linked to earlier.
0 Kudos
Wrestling_Unplu
Binge Watcher

Sorry I just realize I was in the wrong section.I was at the Section where you have to hit the submit button when it lights up green..I did try to two manifest zip files and they did not work

Brian
0 Kudos
MSGreg
Visitor

"Wrestling Unplugged" wrote:
Sorry I just realize I was in the wrong section.I was at the Section where you have to hit the submit button when it lights up green..I did try to two manifest zip files and they did not work

Brian

Wrong section of what? What Submit button? What lights up green? What did you try, exactly?
0 Kudos
Wrestling_Unplu
Binge Watcher

When you click edit on channel details then it takes you to another screen and there are two box's in the middle there is a arrow that lights up green then click submit
0 Kudos
MSGreg
Visitor

Ahhh, you're talking about the Roku.com web page. Not the Roku device's Developer's Web Page.

You upload a zip file into your own Roku device. Then download a Pxxxxxx.pkg file from your own roku device.

That .pkg file is what you upload/submit to Roku.com as the Package.

The .pkg file is created locally on your own Roku device using a web browser on your computer.

Try reading two sections of the Channel Packaging and Publishing guide:
Section 3.0 Packaging Applications
Section 4.0 Managing Channels
0 Kudos
Wrestling_Unplu
Binge Watcher

Where will I find this Pxxxxxx.pkg file
0 Kudos
MSGreg
Visitor

Read section 3.2 Package Utility of the Channel Packaging And Publishing guide.
0 Kudos
Wrestling_Unplu
Binge Watcher

Do I need A different Roku for this..Where will I find this Pxxxxxx.pkg file
0 Kudos
MSGreg
Visitor

If you own a Roku device, you will not need another Roku device.

Please read section 3.2 Package Utility of the Channel Packaging And Publishing guide.
0 Kudos
Wrestling_Unplu
Binge Watcher

The channel version says 1.0 then Is there a certain option I choose for the Minum Firm Where verison
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.