Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaurachit
Channel Surfer

Analytics Integration with ROKU

Hi,

I am doing the feasibility check of different analytics integration (Nielsen and Comscore) with my ROKU channel. But i didn't got much details of integration of these with ROKU.
What I got over the internet is:
Nielsen
Nielsen will works with RAS (Roku Advertisement SDK) and when I checked RAS(A sample given by ROKU at sdkdocs.roku.com) with my devices(Verson 5.5 build 428) its not working but another device(V6. ) is working. So what I assume that the RAS will work on latest version devices only and my requirement is to integrate the Nielson with all version support. So how will I integrate Nielson with older version devices. Is there any API available for that like "Google analytics for ROKU" or any other way.

Comscore
I didn't got anything about integration of comscore with ROKU. Can anyone help me by providing some useful links or any API link if available to know about the integration process with ROKU.

Thanks
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Analytics Integration with ROKU

The RAF (Roku Ad Framework) should work on any device with firmware later than 3.1.

Neilsen is in the most recent release which should be on all devices with > 3.1 firmware. Please be sure you have a contact in our Ad Ops team if you are using the RAF, email developer@roku.com if you need to connect. Also, note that we don't allow use of the Nielsen functionality with children's content.

I"m not sure about comscore requirements, but I'll find out.

- Joel
0 Kudos
roberto14
Visitor

Any update on ComScore API?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
roberto14
Visitor

I just found out that ComScore already developed a Roku SDK for "tagging", and it seems to be maintained and updated 🙂

Roberto J.
0 Kudos
piyushg098
Channel Surfer

"roberto14" wrote:
I just found out that ComScore already developed a Roku SDK for "tagging", and it seems to be maintained and updated 🙂

Roberto J.

Could you point out the link for the same?
0 Kudos
tim_beynart
Channel Surfer

we use a library provided by Comscore called comscore_3.1503.03.brs. This supports the "Streaming Tag" and "Application Tag" APIs. I'm not aware of a  native RAF integration.
0 Kudos