Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajaypaudel
Visitor

About Recorded Strem url

Hello,
We have a strem url which is recoreded not live and we want to play that strem url from a random place like we have 1hour long vide but when we clicked on channel play that strem url from 30minutes onward, can we do? that mean how to call we play with timestramp, kind of , can we do like that or not?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: About Recorded Strem url

You could use any number of ways to do this.  In the content metadata you can set the StreamStartTimeOffset field, or the BookmarkPosition (deprecated), or Playstart, Clipstart and/or ClipEnd or use Seek. Or if the video is always starting from the same place and you want to always skip what is at the beginning you could download the file and cut/crop off the beginning to where you want it to start.
https://developer.roku.com/docs/develop ... etadata.md
0 Kudos
ajaypaudel
Visitor

"destruk" wrote:
You could use any number of ways to do this.  In the content metadata you can set the StreamStartTimeOffset field, or the BookmarkPosition (deprecated), or Playstart, Clipstart and/or ClipEnd or use Seek. Or if the video is always starting from the same place and you want to always skip what is at the beginning you could download the file and cut/crop off the beginning to where you want it to start.
https://developer.roku.com/docs/develop ... etadata.md

Hello I want to ask one questation more  i have used video node and has played channel video but want to know about status bar.When live channel is being played what is the present time of status bar i.e like in youtube when we played live video the status bar used to be up to end but in this node when we played live streaming url the status bar used to be in start point of status bar.
so want to know which is the present time in status bar for live streaming url and if we have to set then how can we set, can you explain that?
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

If the program is live streaming then I don't think the times in the status bar show up - it starts at the nearest-to segment to current.
0 Kudos