Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jemenake
Visitor

A slightly-less-simple streaming player?

I'm figuring that someone has already made something like this, so that I don't need to (completely) re-invent the wheel, here.

I'm wanting to make a channel which will be somewhere between Roksbox and the simple single-URL streaming player that comes with the SDK.

The idea is to have a channel which, when I select it, immediately goes to my web-server where I have all of my movies, and starts showing me the movie-sheets. I select the movie-sheet that I want, press "OK", and it starts playing the movie. In other words, from the top-level channel list, you go: "Ok", you see movie sheets, you try to decide what to watch... "right", "right", "left", "right", hmmm... that one.. "Ok", and then you're watching a movie.

Some bonus features would be:
- Background caching of the next movie-sheets in the list, to decrease latency when you go left/right
- It could store, on the server, through a CGI or PHP script, where you left off when you were last watching it, and then resume from there next time.

Anybody got something like that, already?
0 Kudos