Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farside847
Streaming Star

Re: 7.2 Local media

"squirreltown" wrote:
My limited testing confirms this. Last 3 movies, 5.59 GB and 4.47 GB both failed within 25 minutes, 3.89 GB played through to the end.

Ok, that seems consistent with our hypothesis. 4GB files fail to direct stream on the 4200.

RokuDale, is there a way to file a bug for a firmware patch? I am happy to provide a painful amount of data to the developers if it helps them reproduce and fix 😉
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Visitor

Bug has been reported.
rokudale
0 Kudos
farside847
Streaming Star

"RokuDale" wrote:
Bug has been reported.
rokudale

Rockstar! thanks Dale, feel free to ping me if the devs need anything!
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

2^32 strikes again? 🙂
0 Kudos
lxsdr
Visitor

I'm having a similar issue, except I'm using Plex running on a MacBook Pro. All of my movies are m4v AAC h.264, all within the realm of files that should direct play from my computer to the Plex channel on Roku, but lately they will stop mid-stream and then pick back up, only this time they're being transcoded instead of played directly.
0 Kudos
grandoth
Visitor

I seem to be having the same issue reported by the OP. I haven't done nearly as exhaustive testing as the OP, but I'm encouraged by the community and response. Thanks all.
0 Kudos
MrAngelus
Streaming Star

I am experiencing the same issue using Plex files that used to direct play switch to transcoding for no reason hope they push an update soon
Roku Ultra, 4660X : Serial : YJ00EM709512 Ethernet connected
0 Kudos
schrock
Visitor

I am having the same issue also since 7.2 was released. I am running minidlna server. A movie will stop playing and throw the error "File Not Playable" in the same exact spot. The only way to get past this is to take note of the exact spot the video fails and then restart the movie from the beginning and fast forward 1 or 2 minutes past the point of failure.

Is there an ETA on this fix?
0 Kudos
cariocap
Visitor

I`m having the same problem playing an .mkv movie with 6,55 GB for example. My only temporary solution is to copy this movie to a pen drive and play it from the USB.
I opened a support CaseID #5201584

My specs are:
Roku 4 model 4400X
Firmware: version 7.2.0 - build 4100-17
Connection: Wired

Media Server:
   Qnap TS-259 Pro+ with latest firmware 4.2.1
   DLNA: TwonkyMedia 8.2.1.0 (latest version)
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Visitor

The problem with playback of files larger than 4Gbytes has been found in the firmware. It will be fixed.
rokudale
0 Kudos