Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamkaz
Channel Surfer

Re: 4k Content on Roku

I tried the straight MP4 on a whim and it works fine.

Which is odd because Joel said:
"No, only h.265 or VP9 and not in a progressive format like MP4."
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Was it a 2160p h.264 mp4?

- Joel
0 Kudos
adamkaz
Channel Surfer

Nope - 2160 H265 MP4. I can ask our guys to make a publicly distributable version like the m3u8 and mpd samples I posted. I'd rather get them working though.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

"adamkaz" wrote:
Nope - 2160 H265 MP4. I can ask our guys to make a publicly distributable version like the m3u8 and mpd samples I posted. I'd rather get them working though.

its the performance of mp4 over the internet that is the blocker - we haven't had good results with progressive h.265 MP4 files - they should work fine over a LAN or from a USB chip though.

- Joel
0 Kudos
righteye
Visitor

"RokuJoel" wrote:
"jeer232002" wrote:
FYI- you need a TV that can output 4k resolution to even use the new wealthy affiliate system is a big added future of the roku 4

More specifically, you need a TV that supports HDCP 2.2 - not all 4k televisions will work.

- Joel

Oh, really? Can you recommend a good 4ktv out now that supports HDCP 2.2? Preferably not too expensive. Thanks.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

"righteye" wrote:
Oh, really? Can you recommend a good 4ktv out now that supports HDCP 2.2? Preferably not too expensive. Thanks.

:mrgreen: http://www.cnet.com/products/insignia-n ... k-roku-tv/ :mrgreen:

- Joel
0 Kudos
Rickyliwson
Visitor

"RokuJoel" wrote:
"jeer232002" wrote:
FYI- you need a TV that can output 4k resolution to even use the big added future of the roku 4

More specifically, you need a TV that supports HDCP 2.2 - not all 4k televisions will work.

- Joel

Hi Oh, really?
Can you recommend a good 4ktv out now that supports HDCP 2.2?  Preferably not too expensive.
Thanks.
0 Kudos

I don't think so it will support 4k content.

0 Kudos