Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmorse
Reel Rookie

roku ultra remote no longer controls volume on my new tv

Jump to solution

i have a roku ultra with the remote that controls volume. with my old tv, it worked just fine controlling the volume. just switched to a new vizio p-series and the remote no longer controls the volume on my onkyo reciever. the tvs remote does control the receiver. it’s like the onkyo no longer recognizes the roku ultra remote, only the tvs remote. any idea what is happening and how i can fix it? don’t want to have to use the tv remote just to control the volume. i stream exclusively with the roku. everything works fine except the volume issue.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku ultra remote no longer controls volume on my new tv

Jump to solution

It sounds like you need to set up the remote for the new TV.  Did you go through the procedure under Settings->Remotes & devices->Remotes->(remote)->Set up remote for TV control?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
mmorse
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i tried your solution and it worked! thx so much!. although when i was doing it, it said it would not control the volume on sound bars  and av recievers. confusing!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It sounds like you need to set up the remote for the new TV.  Did you go through the procedure under Settings->Remotes & devices->Remotes->(remote)->Set up remote for TV control?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mmorse
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i don’t recall having to do that with my old tv. i just added the ultra to the system and it worked right out of the box. naturely i thought it would do the same with the new tv. i will try your suggestion and see if that will do the trick. thx!

0 Kudos
mmorse
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i tried your solution and it worked! thx so much!. although when i was doing it, it said it would not control the volume on sound bars  and av recievers. confusing!

0 Kudos